Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

8 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

As a mental health worker I'm astonished that people still bring up what Stan did all those years ago. We all have moments in our life we wish we could erase. Those in glass houses.... Depression + alcohol is a horrible thing, I hope those lambasting Stan over the ulrika incident never go through it. 

I have a lot of time for Stan, I hold him up there with Ian Taylor in terms of their opinion of villa. The radio/TV 'ego Stan' who has to keep his job and sell books & whatnot talks utter **** but the real Stan repeatedly says he regrets his time at villa, again, depression + drink is a toxic combo. It kind of explains everything. 

He realises all this about the past and now he has a platform and good links he is trying his best to sort out what he can. 

At least he is doing something, which is more than the sinless holier than thou 'woman beater' commenters are doing to help. 

Keep it up Stan. You can be an egotistic self serving pillock at times (helps keep his job) but aren't we all now and again. 

You have my support.

Joleon, go **** yourself.

Lots of good points.  But let's say Jolean drinks a bit much.   Is he then "off the hook?"   "All's forgiven?"

I hope  more people come on and pick on our players to make their positions untenable.  Even then it would still probably be a hard job to shift some a long under our regime but they need to be gone. If they're not gone, they'll get played - and we'll get no where they're that bad.

Got a lot of time for Stan.

Yeah, disappointed when he played for us. Yes, he can talk self-aggrandizing trash at times. But he (along with the likes of Laursen, Petrov, McGrath, Taylor and even Hendrie) are genuinely fond of the club. He's one of our few friends in the media and is bang on about Lescott.

Keep up the good work, Stan :thumb:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

I thought I saw it was Paul McGrath who labelled Lescott a scumbag and slimeball.  On Twitter I think

I think something happened last night on a private exchange between stan and that muppet. 

Â