Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Don't care as long as he's not in our shirt anymore.

It's clear Pulis saw him as a busted flush, moved him to left back as soon as he came to WBA and then happily sold him to us.

I always thought he was a decent defender but him and Richards what a terrible set of transfers. Vlaar had his faults but he was a miles better defender than those two.

Even Senderos showed more for us.  He seemed to properly care and he's played 8 full 90 minutes in a row back in Switzerland before being suspended.  In fact things fell apart when he and Vlaar got broken up last season.

As for what Lescott said there, I won't hammer him for it.  Whatever someone says after relegation is going to be hard to swallow, it's the context of what's gone before that winds me up.

1 hour ago, flamingsombrero said:

It still baffles me how Collymore manages to get away with touting himself as Mr. Aston Villa given his track record on and off the pitch for us.

To be honest anyone that fairly supports us in the media when very few will can do whatever they like in my book. His past with us may not have been great, but he clearly loves this club and has the avenues to defend us in ways we only wish we could. How many of us wish we had an open line to Lescott right now? I give Collymore kudos for laying into him a bit for being a colossal word removed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flamingsombrero said:

It still baffles me how Collymore manages to get away with touting himself as Mr. Aston Villa given his track record on and off the pitch for us.

Regardless of how we feel about him he is our passionate voice in the national media. A voice that reaches the players. His arguments are right. He even admits his time at Villa was poor but it was poor by our expectations then. Our expectations have been lowered significantly since. We celebrate a corner FFS. Rather than scrutinise Collymores performances for us in a top half, European side over 15 years ago I think we should be aiming our discrections at what is happening now and appreciating some kind of representation in the media. He was right to have a go at Lescott and however poor his on and off pitch record for us was it eclipses the likes of Lescott which probably says a lot about Lescott and this Villa side now.

• Like 2

Collymore is a shitbird, but I read a transcript of what he said on Talksport and it was bang on the money. Lescott should spend less time asking people for fights and more time packing his bags and getting the Hell out of our club.

• Like 1

Â