Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, davemk39 said:

lol,

you defo need to tweet jolly and ask him if he wants a spin doctor to prepare his speeches. your not Alistair Campbell are you?

Nope, but as angry as I am about him I just thought I'd offer another take on it.

To be honest I really don't care what he has to say, actions speak louder than words and he's f****ed that up. He'll be gone at the end of the season and I hope we don't see him in on the pitch in the last four game s. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3544231/Aston-Villa-defender-Joleon-Lescott-slammed-former-striker-Stan-Collymore-pair-engage-social-media-row.html

Aston Villa defender Joleon Lescott became embroiled in a row with former striker Stan Collymore following the club's relegation from the Premier League on Saturday.
The ex-England centre back had earlier described the club's first relegation since 1987 as 'a weight off the shoulders', a comment that Collymore branded 'disgrace'.
And, after the talkSport pundit called on Lescott to come onto his radio show and explain himself, the pair became involved in a social media spat.

Although the messages they exchanged were meant to be private, Collymore tweeted a picture of the conversation, before pretending it had been accidental - a reference to Lescott's infamous 'pocket tweet' of a sports car earlier this season. The former striker has since deleted the post. 
In the exchange, via Instagram direct messaging, Lescott wrote: 'We need to sort this out, you think I'm a tit, I got a similar opinion of you. 

Tried to get in touch via Jack which you didn't want so now I'm askin you do you really wanna get together and sort this out as men.' 
But the approach did not impress Collymore, who responded angrily, labelling his former club's players a 'shambles'.
'Sort it out as men?' he retorted. Your not talking to some of the lightweights in the dressing room now. You'll see me in good time, probably this season.
'In the meantime, try not to say anything else stupid on Twitter or in post match press comments because, to be honest, the car thing was f***ing embarrassing and today to say the weight was now of the shoulders was a good insight inot the shamble that is the dressing room.' 
After deleting his screenshot of the conversation, Collymore tweeted: 'Sorry, didn't mean to send that. Phone was in my pocket'.  

Earlier Collymore had been equally vitriolic in his criticism of his former team, and Lescott in particular.
Speaking on his talkSport show, Collymore said: 'I would love Joleon, or any other Villa player, to call me up in all seriousness.'
'I would like any Villa player - particularly Joleon Lescott - to come on and first explain the tweet [with the sports car after Liverpool defeat]. But, today, this is a senior international footballer: "Now confirmed, maybe it's a weight off the shoulders."
'Why's it a weight off the shoulders, Joleon? It should hang on your shoulders in Dubai, in 'Marbz', with a gold bottle with the ace of spades on it in the summer when you and Gabby (Agbonlahor) and Leandro (Bacuna) are all going to be laughing when your agents take you off to other football clubs.
'The Villa staff - it's a real weight on their shoulders. People who are getting made redundant, people who have been there for 20 years, who don't know where the next pay cheque might come from.
'You're a disgrace. You've hid behind players like [David] Silva and [Sergio] Aguero but when it mattered today with your hometown club - who you profess to support - you've helped them go down.'

• Like 2

For someone as highly regarded as McGrath to comment, just adds to the pressure. I really struggle to see a way back for Lescott.

Common sense would now be to keep him out of the firing line, keep him out of the squad and give him a free reign to find another club between now & August.

He is at the centre of the rot and the last thing our new manager will want is Lescott anywhere near the place.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Come on mate get it over it that was a long time ago.he has turned his life around. I respect him for that. 

It was Gazza who battered his wife, Collymore & Urika weren't married. Not that it makes any difference of course.

As you rightly say, it was a long time ago-Its not like we've had women selling stories to the papers since, claiming similar incidents. It was wrong and nobody, including Stan has ever tried to defend or justify it but again as you say, he has pulled himself back up from that all time low and is now a highly respected broadcaster. Who'd have thought that at the time?

• Like 1

I wonder if Lescott can get a job on the radio after he retires, say 'UTV' a lot and be bestowed with the moral authority to slag off Villa players of the future?

3 minutes ago, Isa said:

I wonder if Lescott can get a job on the radio after he retires, say 'UTV' a lot and be bestowed with the moral authority to slag off Villa players of the future?

Very black & white view of looking at it. Not to mention completely wrong.

• Like 2

Â