Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

5 minutes ago, Isa said:

If you say so.

Did Stan goad players into fighting him? Incite anger by tweeting pictures of expensive sports cars following a heavy defeat? Play a huge part in the relegation of a club he supposedly supports? 

Other than play mediocre for a top/mid table team what else did Stan do that comes close?

Edited by Ingram85

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Did Stan goad players into fighting him? Incite anger by tweeting pictures of expensive sports cars following a heavy defeat? Play a huge part in the relegation of a club he supposedly supports? 

Other than play mediocre for a top/mid table team what else did Stan do that comes close?

Put the milk in before the hot water when making tea

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Other than play mediocre for a team what else did Stan do that comes close?

Yeah, there wasn't such thing as Twitter in the late 90's. But seeing as he makes a big enough prat of himself on it nowadays and has blocked about half of our fanbase, I'd not presume he wouldn't have done similar.

The only difference is that one was half-arsed and crap (not mediocre) in a good side, the other so in a poor side. Then again, one wasn't signed for a record fee. 

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Beating the shit out of his girlfriend probably tops being a dickhead on Twitter, to be fair.

• Like 1

Just now, Isa said:

Yeah, there wasn't such thing as Twitter in the late 90's. But seeing as he makes a big enough prat of himself on it nowadays and has blocked about half of our fanbase, I'd not presume he wouldn't have done similar.

The only difference is that one was half-arsed and crap (not mediocre) in a good side, the other so in a poor side. Then again, one wasn't signed for a record fee. 

Minority report style thinking, so yeah, like I said, nothing to compare the two.

Oh and Stan blocks the ones who goad him about beating up Ulrika. Did he block you by any chance? 

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Minority report style thinking, so yeah, like I said, nothing to compare the two.

Oh and Stan blocks the ones who goad him about beating up Ulrika. Did he block you by any chance? 

He blocked me for questioning why he endorsed the McLeish appointment, ha!

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Am I wrong here?

I want the full heat of the water to hit that bag to get a good strength out of it.

I am so confused now.

It singes the tea leaves giving it a bitter taste, give it a couple of minutes first. :thumb:

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Isa said:

He blocked me for questioning why he endorsed the McLeish appointment, ha!

What did you say? I'm not saying he isn't a bit precious btw :). I know I sound like a huge Stan Fan, I'm not, I'm just defending him against unjust comparisons to Lescott. 

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Beating the shit out of his girlfriend probably tops being a dickhead on Twitter, to be fair.

I hope when you become a celebrity that you never suffer from depression and drink copious amounts of alcohol to 'help' it go away.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

What did you say? I'm not saying he isn't a bit precious btw :). I know I sound like a huge Stan Fan, I'm not, I'm just defending him against unjust comparisons to Lescott. 

I can't remember exactly as it was ages ago but something along the lines of questioning his position. I don't mind, it's not like I followed him anyway. My point was more (cc: @DCJonah) if he is that touchy on it now, I highly doubt he would have responded to criticism/abuse any differently to Lescott if social media were a thing back when he were a player. 

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Whatever you think of Stan, rightly or wrongly, you cannot disagree with what he had said. At least we have someone who can vent our frustrations about the state of our club to a wider audience. 

Spot on

• Like 3

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

Strange how many of the most underachieving players at the club over recent years have been Villa fans.....Collymore, Gabby, Richards, Lescott

I was think the very same thing

Just been listening to the rant from Stan about Joleon Lescott...

To be fair he give himself a good doing over for not performing for Villa.

Never heard that from one player to another before.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Whatever you think of Stan, rightly or wrongly, you cannot disagree with what he had said. At least we have someone who can vent our frustrations about the state of our club to a wider audience. 

Never heard it so pointed as that before.

fair play for him giving himself a dressing down too....in a veiled sort of way.

I think Stan was genuinely talking from the heart on that clip-He was a competitive, professional player himself once and was able to hit quite a few nails on the head in those 3 mins. I would say though, as far as my recollection goes, Stan played in successful sides all the way from Stafford Rangers to Villa, when his problems seemed to implode.

As for Lescott, I just think he's so incredibly thick to come out with that statement-He gives his critics the bullets to fire.

I would just say that its a pity that he didn't have as much desire to fight for our team out there on the pitch as he does with anyone who dares criticise him.

Â