Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

Did Collymore actually slate the fans at his time at villa? Did he play stupid games? Did he use social media to wind up fans?

I dont recall any ofthat like lescott has. He also suffered from depression.  He may have been a flop but to say he was as bad as lescotts attitude is laughabke. Lescott is a complete arsehole 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

I struggle to grasp the level of dislike that many of our fans have for Collymore.

I understand and appreciate that he didn't set the world on fire when he came here but does this justify such hatred? He was clearly struggling with demons at the time and even missed games because of it. Also, as Brian Little alluded to, it was harder to integrate him into a side with Yorke & Savo than he had anticipated.

Gazza had very similar problems but is regarded as a national treasure-Stan on the other hand is public enemy number one.

I agree with that. He does come across as annoying at times but to put him on same level as lescott is ridiculous. Lescott is a complete prick shown nothing but disrespect to the club and mocked the fans continuously. Biggest clown I've seen at villa along with Richards 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

I struggle to grasp the level of dislike that many of our fans have for Collymore.

I understand and appreciate that he didn't set the world on fire when he came here but does this justify such hatred? He was clearly struggling with demons at the time and even missed games because of it. Also, as Brian Little alluded to, it was harder to integrate him into a side with Yorke & Savo than he had anticipated.

Gazza had very similar problems but is regarded as a national treasure-Stan on the other hand is public enemy number one.

The feeling when Collymore joined was that he had begun p!ssing away his career. We spent at the time a huge amount of money on him (record signing at the time?) and on other worldly wages at that time. Is was an enormous investment for us but most felt it was worth it as he was coming home to HIS club. He was one of our own so he would get his sh!t together and reward the club he loved but it turned out to be a disaster he was pretty much awfull and left on a free. So basically he cost the club huge sums of money and delivered nothing not unlike many we have had in recent times. 

No I don't think he disrespected the club but everyone felt hugely let down by him 

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The feeling when Collymore joined was that he had begun p!ssing away his career. We spent at the time a huge amount of money on him (record signing at the time?) and on other worldly wages at that time. Is was an enormous investment for us but most felt it was worth it as he was coming home to HIS club. He was one of our own so he would get his sh!t together and reward the club he loved but it turned out to be a disaster he was pretty much awfull and left on a free. So basically he cost the club huge sums of money and delivered nothing not unlike many we have had in recent times. 

No I don't think he disrespected the club but everyone felt hugely let down by him 

But that merits none of the hathred that he gets here. He didn't perform, so?

I join those who think he is a good voice to have on our side these days.

• Like 1

Have to say that I have been so disappointed with Lescott since joining really, what should have been a good signing (experience, leadership, influence etc), he appears to have been anything but!  His negativity is astounding and criticism of fans hugely uncalled for.  Why shouldn't we express our disappointment at individual performances and results?  I'd be happy not to see him in our shirt again and be paid off at the end of the season.  Good riddance to the MLS you word removed!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Strange how many of the most underachieving players at the club over recent years have been Villa fans.....Collymore, Gabby, Richards, Lescott

Richards isn't a Villa fan. He was born here but grew up in Leeds and supported Arsenal.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

He was a let down but how many otger flops have we seen at villa that let us down for big money?  What about ginola? Baros? These players were just as bad. Angel was pretty shit for the first season as well. Shit happens 

3 hours ago, Butterfingers said:

Well, there was the bit where he battered his wife. 

• Like 2

As a mental health worker I'm astonished that people still being up what Stan did all those years ago. We all have moments in our life we wish we could erase. Those in glass houses.... Depression + alcohol is a horrible thing, I hope those lambasting Stan over the ulrika incident never go through it. 

I have a lot of time for Stan, I hold him up there with Ian Taylor in terms of their opinion of villa. The ego Stan who has to keep his job and sell books & whatnot talks utter **** but the real Stan repeatedly says he regrets his time at villa, again, depression + drink is a toxic combo. It kind of explains everything. 

He realises all this about the past and now he has a platform and good links he is trying his best to sort out what he can. 

At least he is doing something, which is more than the sinless holier than thou 'woman beater' commenters are doing to help. 

Keep it up Stan. You can be an egotistic self serving pillock at times (helps keep his job) but aren't we all now and again. 

You have my support.

Joleon, go **** yourself.

Well said!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

As a mental health worker I'm astonished that people still bring up what Stan did all those years ago. We all have moments in our life we wish we could erase. Those in glass houses.... Depression + alcohol is a horrible thing, I hope those lambasting Stan over the ulrika incident never go through it. 

I have a lot of time for Stan, I hold him up there with Ian Taylor in terms of their opinion of villa. The radio/TV 'ego Stan' who has to keep his job and sell books & whatnot talks utter **** but the real Stan repeatedly says he regrets his time at villa, again, depression + drink is a toxic combo. It kind of explains everything. 

He realises all this about the past and now he has a platform and good links he is trying his best to sort out what he can. 

At least he is doing something, which is more than the sinless holier than thou 'woman beater' commenters are doing to help. 

Keep it up Stan. You can be an egotistic self serving pillock at times (helps keep his job) but aren't we all now and again. 

You have my support.

Joleon, go **** yourself.

Love this post.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Richards isn't a Villa fan. He was born here but grew up in Leeds and supported Arsenal.

I'd argue that lescott isn't either. none of us on here would be getting on like this berk has this season. 

As a fan, playing for villa should be a privilege. Nothing he's done , has in any way shown that he has one iota of love for the club.

• Like 1

Â