Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

not the defender we most need to sell.  If we sell him, my guess is that we are on a zero new cash rule and must sell some players to buy any.  

I imagine it's much more to do with squad places than cash.

On 04/01/2016 at 13:52, Stevo985 said:

There are so many occasions, like literally a couple every game, where Lescott is way behind everyone else and playing an attacker onside.

There's never a proper defensive line. They all play like individuals.

Despite the fact I thought he did well against Palace, I noticed in the highlights that their chance where they hit the post in the first minute again came from one of these occasions where Lescott was stood a good few yards behind the defensive line and played Zaha onside.

Madness if we sell, he started and played well in only our second win of the season, was voted 2nd in the motm stats on here.

If were going to sell our best players then we are just repeating past mistakes, a clear sign of no experience or maturity at the club. Sell Baker , Senderos or Clark , Lescott would be one of the main reasons we start to gain any form.

• Like 1

Lescott has only shown glimpses of previous form and although he scored the winner against Palace, was roundly booed by fans for gum-gate at the beginning of the match. Prior to that he was failry maligned by fans as being too old, slow and pretty useless.

If an offer of £3m is on the table we should accept it - we paid £1m for him 6 months ago. This is a no brainer for me.

He has come good in his last few games with Okore and has 2 goals this season, keep him as we can't afford to try bed in a new centre back. If we win today we could be 5 points from safety with 16 games left so definitely aren't down yet.

Cost cutting starts now? The club hierarchy knows we are going down so lets start clearing the decks?!

Why try and spin it in to cost cutting?

He's shit, we should never have signed him anyway, he's 33, it's a no brainer and IMO a simple football decision

• Like 1

Â