Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

Cost cutting starts now? The club hierarchy knows we are going down so lets start clearing the decks?!

Why try and spin it in to cost cutting?

He's shit, we should never have signed him anyway, he's 33, it's a no brainer and IMO a simple football decision

I would sell Baker or Clark before Lescott. He put a good performance in last game ( 1st time for everything. ) So yeah selling Lescott might be good if we are getting money for him but don't expect it to be put back into a replacement. Expect more fun and games from calamity Clark and Rubbish Richards!

Like i said the club know we are down so selling him now makes more business sense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tinker said:

Madness if we sell, he started and played well in only our second win of the season, was voted 2nd in the motm stats on here.

If were going to sell our best players then we are just repeating past mistakes, a clear sign of no experience or maturity at the club. Sell Baker , Senderos or Clark , Lescott would be one of the main reasons we start to gain any form.

Lescott = '[one of] our best players'?

Do me a favour. 

I'm not sure why people keep mentioning attitude?

He was poor for the goal he should have followed it in. I'm not sure that shows anything wrong with his attitude. Just his concentration.

• Like 1

I'd keep him until the summer.

The unit we have now of him-Okore-Cissoko and Bacuna/Debuchy is the best we have at the club so I wouldn't want to break it up now we have a bit of momentum.

He's been poor but shown improvement in recent weeks, finally like the player he has been in the premier league and I don't want to see Clark again.

Get shot when we go down.

• Like 1

I can't see any point in selling him and losing that little bit of stability that we currently have defensively. I thought he was shocking in his first few games, but now he doesn't look like the main weakness we have.

• Like 1

I'm not sure why people keep mentioning attitude?

He was poor for the goal he should have followed it in. I'm not sure that shows anything wrong with his attitude. Just his concentration.

I checked out the match thread at half time, all the talk was of a lack of desire. I think people are now getting desire and quality mixed up.

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'd keep him until the summer.

The unit we have now of him-Okore-Cissoko and Bacuna/Debuchy is the best we have at the club so I wouldn't want to break it up now we have a bit of momentum.

He's been poor but shown improvement in recent weeks, finally like the player he has been in the premier league and I don't want to see Clark again.

Get shot when we go down.

Who know if an offer will come in.

We need to get shot now if the fee is reported to be true. Just making sure the 40k a week is gone is a bonus.

• Like 1

Â