Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

In what sense? 

General consensus a week or so ago was "Remi is clearing out the shit and he is one,  brilliant",  "his legs have gone and what a useless signing lets get rid". Without much detraction from that viewpoint at all if any

Now the general consensus seems to be "lets keep him he's doing a great job for us" without  much detraction from it

I know you'll come back dave and say either it is not the same people or that so what he's doing better so we should keep him and thats fine.  I just find it amusing that there is no or little argument to the lets get shot Remi is doing brilliant by getting rid of the shit players point and now it has flipped around

Well I for one haven't changed my mind at all, except to compliment him on a good performance (because it was) against Albion. I'd still sell him at the first opportunity, he's no kind of long-term answer to the position he's holding and I bet his wages are comparatively big. Also, he's very frequently a liability. 

• Like 1

In what sense? 

General consensus a week or so ago was "Remi is clearing out the shit and he is one,  brilliant",  "his legs have gone and what a useless signing lets get rid". Without much detraction from that viewpoint at all if any

Now the general consensus seems to be "lets keep him he's doing a great job for us" without  much detraction from it

I know you'll come back dave and say either it is not the same people or that so what he's doing better so we should keep him and thats fine.  I just find it amusing that there is no or little argument to the lets get shot Remi is doing brilliant by getting rid of the shit players point and now it has flipped around

Thank you for replying for me!

Though your attempt to bring Rémi into the equation was a bit strange. I don't recall those posts, Rémi has played him at every available opportunity and made him vice captain. So if they do exist, those posts were always wrong. He clearly doesn't want rid.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably jinxing him now and he'll end up scoring a hattrick of own goals this half. But his improvement of late has been startling.

Although I'm beginning to think the common factor in a good defensive performance is the man he's playing alongside.

• Like 1

Â