Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, you're right, many commenters have been too harsh on Lescott, myself included, and I feel I can only apologise. After all, he's now managed to produce the same number of genuinely good performances in a Villa shirt as Jordan Bowery (that is to say, ONE), and it's only taken him half a season! Thanks Joleon. 

He has been shite for the most part but there's been worse IMO (Richards). Lescott nearly cost us in the first minute with his bad positioning but was good after that. 

Still, I'd like us to sign a centre half and pair that guy with Okore. 

Just for fun, go back and read page 38.  You'll discover that some posters are clueless. (if that wasn't already obvious)

Yes, you're right, many commenters have been too harsh on Lescott, myself included, and I feel I can only apologise. After all, he's now managed to produce the same number of genuinely good performances in a Villa shirt as Jordan Bowery (that is to say, ONE), and it's only taken him half a season! Thanks Joleon. 

I count 3. Southampton away, West Ham at home and Palace at home.

One common denominator in those games. For whatever reason, he and Okore work well together. If we can sign somebody better, great. But when Liverpool are having to take Caulker on loan it's looking tricky.

Is Lescott the opposite of Gil.

Gil doesn't score often, but when he does they are amazing goals.

Lescott doesn't score often, but when he does they are really really terrible goals :D

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Is Lescott the opposite of Gil.

Gil doesn't score often, but when he does they are amazing goals.

Lescott doesn't score often, but when he does they are really really terrible goals :D

Yeah and while Gil's goals are normally in vain (against Leicester and Sunderland), Lescott's earn us vital points. :lol:

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Seems strange that LA Galaxy would want him, I wouldn't have thought he'd have the profile they want over there, though I'm not an MLS expert.  As long as he gets replaced I don't mind him going.

I support the galaxy and Lescott is a trademark signing by Bruce Arena. He is a solid defender that wouldn't cost too much. 

As a Villa fan, I'd be bummed to see Lescott leave. I think Okore-Lescott could become a good defensive duo. 

• Like 1

Overall not too sad to see him go as I don't think he's got much left to offer, but Lescott / Okore has looked our most solid defensive partnership and changing that up again seems a bit mental at this stage when we desperately need some consistency at the back.  So actually, without any other signings on the horizon, we should keep him.  

Essentially, I don't know what I think.

Â