Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I remember when someone yesterday claimed he was 'one of our better players' :o

He wouldn't be one of Coventry's better players. Just turd. 

I think in our last couple of games he's been fine. Mistake yesterday for their goal, but in general he's been ok.

It's hard to argue that the defence doesn't look better with him in there.

• Like 1

The defence looks a bit better, but to be fair several things have changed in the last two games - Bacuna in and Hutton out, Cissokho in and Richardson out as well. But in general, I don't totally disagree. He does seem to work pretty well with Okore. But we can't have a player committing mistakes resulting in a goal for the opposition every second game in the heart of our defence. It's all very well saying 'apart from the mistake he played well', but apart from the mistake we'd have got 3 points. He's not going to get better, he's 33 years old, his wages are too high for the Championship, he needs to go. 

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The defence looks a bit better, but to be fair several things have changed in the last two games - Bacuna in and Hutton out, Cissokho in and Richardson out as well. But in general, I don't totally disagree. He does seem to work pretty well with Okore. But we can't have a player committing mistakes resulting in a goal for the opposition every second game in the heart of our defence. It's all very well saying 'apart from the mistake he played well', but apart from the mistake we'd have got 3 points. He's not going to get better, he's 33 years old, his wages are too high for the Championship, he needs to go. 

I think I agree with this. 

If we can find a left sided center half as "average" as he is without the stupid errors I'd be rid of him in a shot. I'm talking James Collins levels of decent. Robert Huth decent. Shawcross decent. 

Surly our scouts have found something out there? Until that time, we simply can't afford for him to go. I've no faith in Clark to maintain anything approaching consistent form. 

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think I agree with this. 

If we can find a left sided center half as "average" as he is without the stupid errors I'd be rid of him in a shot. I'm talking James Collins levels of decent. Robert Huth decent. Shawcross decent. 

Surly our scouts have found something out there? Until that time, we simply can't afford for him to go. I've no faith in Clark to maintain anything approaching consistent form. 

200_s.gif

• Like 2

I thought he was a rock today. Okore had his shaky moments especially first half although the ref didn't help by letting Rondon get away with constantly assaulting him but was better in the 2nd half.

I think it's no coincidence that having a decent LB next to him who actually helps him out and not leave him continually exposed has coincided with his up-turn in form.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, I give him enough grief, so I need to man up and say that he was really excellent today. I'd still sell him, mind you, but I'm starting to not grimace when I see him play. 

I didn't watch today's game but he certainly has been better of late. 

I'm another that wrote him off, hopefully he will continue to make me eat my own words. 

Another good game. No point in selling him as a settled defensive unit is not something that's easy to replace. Him and Okore compliment each other very well.

I'd still argue that Bacuna is better at RB than Richards. I feel Richards comes inside a lot more and goes to ground too easily for comfort.

Â