Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

I think the key tonight - and this is a point not only about Lescott - was that when we went in front we defended very well and didn't look like we would concede. We showed a level of determination and organisation which has been lacking most of the season. I don't remember Palace having too many chances after we went in front.

2 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

I think the key tonight - and this is a point not only about Lescott - was that when we went in front we defended very well and didn't look like we would concede. We showed a level of determination and organisation which has been lacking most of the season. I don't remember Palace having too many chances after we went in front.

Agreed. Having taken the lead you would have expected some nerves and tension, due to us not having won for so long. The lads kept their shape and saw it through. As the captain he also has to take some credit for this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

Agreed. Having taken the lead you would have expected some nerves and tension, due to us not having won for so long. The lads kept their shape and saw it through. As the captain he also has to take some credit for this.

I think Okore next to Lescott works well because we've got an older, experienced leader, next to a younger yet more than capable deputy. 

When we have Richards next to Lescott we have an older, experienced leader, but he isn't leading because Micah is meant to be doing so (but doesn't do a great job in regards to positioning/controlling and positioning his backline).

When we have Richards next to Okore we have a rash/explosive experienced player next to a younger yet more than capable deputy who probably needs a bit of positioning and management back there, but sadly he just doesn't get it from Micah who is a lot of the time bolting up the field and leaving his partner behind.

4 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Just for fun, go back and read page 38.  You'll discover that some posters are clueless. (if that wasn't already obvious)

why? he has been poor all season, why has one performance made other fans clueless?

4 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Just for fun, go back and read page 38.  You'll discover that some posters are clueless. (if that wasn't already obvious)

Think that is harsh, personally I think we still can't rely on him at his age - he is also very slow which costs us at times. 

35 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Would we not say Bacuna left his man (zaha) and is to blame?

I'd have to go back and look but at the time of watching, it seemed that Lescott wasn't positioned correctly and was messing up the defensive line. 

Better, but he's so crap in possession, he seems to panic with the ball. Both he and Okore had some bad moments. Lescott's worst was trying to play a ball through a Palace player who, fortunately, fell over. Okore had a mad minute before half time running the ball out, then being turned inside out in the box.

Â