Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

6 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Thought he could've done a lot better against Defoe sure Guzan shouldn't be getting beat near post but letting Defoe take the ball down turn and take a shot on goal is all on Lescott.

I thought he did what any defender would do, cut off the angle and show him onto his weaker foot

I think he has improved recently, especially when Richards was out the team and paired with Okore, which imo has looked our best CB pairing this season. I have changed my stance also on Richards who I do believe should now be switched to RB in place of Hutton. Whether he has the legs for it due to previous injuries I don't know but if I was Garde I wouldn't give a shit. Richards will be the first one out the door come June as there is no way he will play in the championship. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dakid007 said:

Has to play in a 4 of

Richards Okore Lescott cissokho

And instruct the full backs to keep their shape and don't go wondering off

What we lack in quality at least we got height, pace & physicality

Clear as day to me that. I would even go and buy a new CB to partner Okore if i was Garde. Since were practically relegated.. worth giving Suliman or Toner a run in the side. See what they have for next season. Seen enough from Lescott/Clark to know they are not good enough

wow definitely preparing for relegation. Would that make it Cole Nzogbia Lescott and Gardner out and none in so far.

Maybe he thinks Senderos would be a better option to keep rather than Lescott.

Edited by KSV

On 1/4/2016 at 19:09, Zatman said:

I thought he did what any crap defender would do, cut off the angle and show him onto his weaker foot

Fixed your post.

Defoe got the ball with his back to goal. Lescott was right there but Defoe was allowed to turn unchallenged and get a shot away.

It was awful goalkeeping but it was even worse defending.

• Like 1

wow definitely preparing for relegation. Would that make it Cole Nzogbia Lescott and Gardner out and none in so far.

No. Only one of those has actually left. I don't think Gardner will leave, certainly not permanently. Neither do I think Lescott will either. I think Garde rates him.

4 hours ago, KSV said:

They are both going if reports are to be believed

5 hours ago, KSV said:

One player even close to the first team there - hardly anything to get upset about. If anything, it's good because it frees up wages. 

5 hours ago, KSV said:

Looks that way, out go Cole, Nzogbia, Lescott, probably Gabby and Senderos. Probably shifts some serious wages off the books, in the case of Gabby he has no relegation clause either. Gardner is just a loan so that makes sense, if he is fit I am really disappointed he hasn't featured as Gueye, Sanchez and at times Veretout and Westwood have produced some of the worst midfield displays in living memory

Â