Pre Match Thread

dont_do_it_doug.

dear lord the tackle that started the whole thing was worse than the headbutt - surprised Savage ever got up from it!

But the only thing that I can really criticise Dublin for is that you should never really hit women no matter what the circumstance...

• Like 2

Its my 40th on sunday 27th september. On that day in 1975 villa beat the blues 2:1, i still have the argos at home my dad kept for me so would happily take that again tonight as an early b'day present!

Way go Sherl, making me feel old as I was there.

Good memories :)

• Like 1

For various reasons I shouldn't be going today but couldn't resist. On the train now and will get into town just after 6.

Not sure what the weather is like up there but it will be interesting to see how the ref handles the first 10 minutes.

That's a point - who is the ref tonight? I hope it's Michael Oliver

Edit - just looked - it's Bobby Madley

That headbutt was, and is, the highlight of that dreadful season.  The nose game was just one of a f**kton of crap that year so when Dublin 'butted Cabbage, it almost felt like I had done it myself.  He had done what most Villa fans had wanted to do for years, and in that moment he gave us a highlight; a memory; and became an even bigger hero :)

• Like 3

The one game that could dig us out the downward spiral we appear to be on, is this one.

If it was me I would play 4-4-2

Guzan

Hutton, Richards, Lescot, Amavi

Bacuna, Sanchez, Veretout, Sinclair

Gabby Rudy

Get the ball out wide and bang some crosses in

For various reasons I shouldn't be going today but couldn't resist. On the train now and will get into town just after 6.

Not sure what the weather is like up there but it will be interesting to see how the ref handles the first 10 minutes.

That's a point - who is the ref tonight? I hope it's Michael Oliver

Edit - just looked - it's Bobby Madley

Haven't won a game in which he has taken charge.. ah..

dreading it in all honesty, id go as far as to say id rather we got knocked out v county than give those bastards a chance to return to villa park.

a game we simply cannot afford to lose but a game we have absolutely no confidence going into, where as they're coming with 1 loss in 9 and no pressure. It'll be a shit game, full of hate and probably a red card at some point and a chance for the press to slam the fans when it kicks off in the stands or a pitch invasion (probably both)

in short, shit game, 2-1 win either way and fighting before, during and afterwards and being labeled mongrels for the frankly ridiculous kick off time

I work with loads of blokes who are mostly noses, they've all been giving it the big one but have admitted they're nervous, edging on not confident. But they know their team is going to work their arses off and fight for it, so they are definitely in it considering all the pressure is on us. The atmosphere today has been almost tangible, something hanging in the air, full of adrenaline and nerves. I'm nervous but excited, confident we have the ability but not that we'll do the business. I wish we'd just drew Crystal Palace instead.

dear lord the tackle that started the whole thing was worse than the headbutt - surprised Savage ever got up from it!

But the only thing that I can really criticise Dublin for is that you should never really hit women no matter what the circumstance...

Interesting......Another rendition of our local boys in the team giving timid performance.....whilst some of our players from outside Birmingham, showing the true grit.