Pre Match Thread

dont_do_it_doug.

Yeah, I think Bunn will play.

I'm getting so nervous about this now. Up until Saturday, my only thought was smashing them badly, and sending them back to the sty, tails between legs. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm just hoping the "first half vs Leicester" Villa turn up for 90 mins, and we can give them a shoeing.

Sherwood said he will play the players he thinks can handle the derby. IMO that means he wont play Gil.

I think he will start with Gestede and Gabby. Start Hutton over Bacuna again. Play Gabby outwide in a 5 man midfield with Gestede up front on his own.

Edited by KSV

Ideal scenario.  Sha go 1-0 after dominating the first 5 mins, they're deluded fans get all excited thinking they are going to beat us. We then take control and smash in 5. 

Rowett, in a moment of weakness goes on a José down the touchline and drops his trousers to reveal a Villa tattoo on his left ankle. The General returns to VT to declare he's copied Randy.

Simply must win this.  I am going for 3:1 Villa.  Said before all the frustrations and negativity about form should be parked for a few days now and we all have to focus and turn up Tuesday - manager, players, fans - and fight for this.  Lets try and enjoy, they don't come around that often and I expect the atmosphere to be electric.  COME ON VILLA.

• Like 1

I am really dissapointed with the club. This is my first game against small heath and since I heard that we got them in the draw on the train back from the notts game, I had it all imagined; 42 thousand fans in a great English derby, with the stadium as loud as ever. But through the questionable ticket policy, the club has failed to deliver. Maybe the council had a say in it? If so, why wasnt this communicated to the fans as a 'safety' precaution? 

I am really dissapointed.

I think we'll lose this by a clear couple of goals.

On paper we should be smashing them, but I saw nothing on Saturday (or in most of our recent matches) to suggest we have enough fight and hunger in the team.

The pressure on Sherwood if we lose will be absolutely huge and I do wonder how he'll react.

The pressure on Sherwood if we lose will be absolutely huge

It sure will.  Especially in the context of the 3 most recent matches being 3 defeats in local derbies.  It doesn't get much worse than that.  It would really help if he could pick his best side very soon.

heavy home defeat,  3-0 to sha

If that happened I'd expect Sherwood to be out of a job by Wednesday morning.

Didn't Lambert take the Norwich job shortly after thumping them? maybe Rowett could do the same :)

Assuming Traore is still missing. i would like to see.

Guzan

Hutton         Richards   Clark          Amavi

Sanchez     Veretout

Gil                     Grealish               Gabby

Kozak

i suspect the team we will see is

Bunn

Hutton           Richards   Clark      Amavi

Sanchez    Westwood

Grealish               Sinclair              Gabby

Gastede

I have left Westwood out as i think Veretout will offer a bit more steel, i have a feeling Sherwood will use the same reasoning to leave out Gil. I'm also pretty sure he will start with Gastede rather than Kozak. Also think Clark will start. 

Edited by av1