Pre Match Thread

dont_do_it_doug.

I really really hope not - we will look like clowns and will only hurt the team. We should focus on beating SHA - not giving them a helping hand by turning on our own players because things don't go right for 15 minutes!  Said it above, I really hope fans park any negativity and frustrations for this one and just back the team 100% with everything we can muster. 

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

Really not looking forward to this game. They have nothing to lose but we are expected to win

I want to see us win convincingly but I have a horrible feeling we're gonna play s@@t. 

Hope they shock me and prove me wrong...please prove me wrong Villa!

We are told that Sherwood's main strength is his motivational skills, the heart on sleeve attitude that can paper over tactical side of the game. Well Tim, if the lads aren't up for this one questions will rightly be asked about what you actually bring.

I have no idea anymore what line up I even want to see. I'd be tempted to go with Agbonlahor and Gestede because I think this could be a game where both could do well. Sanchez has to start and despite his last performance I don't want to see Westwood dropped because of the alternatives we have. So how about 4-3-3: Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Amavi, Westwood, Sanchez, Veretout, Sinclair, Gestede, Agbonlahor? Dropping Grealish and Gil may not sound like a good idea but having Veretout there with Sanchez and Westwood could make the midfield stronger and Sinclair/Gestede/Gabby could work against a weaker opposition.

I hope we win 1-0 and that the goal is scored in the 1st minute. I want these fragile bottlers to learn their lesson and stop being so **** weak.

Playing 3 at the back against a Championship team? Really, WTF?!

3 at the back doesn't necessarily mean more defensive.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I hope we win 1-0 and that the goal is scored in the 1st minute. I want these fragile bottlers to learn their lesson and stop being so **** weak.

Playing 3 at the back against a Championship team? Really, WTF?!

3 at the back doesn't necessarily mean more defensive.

it definitely doesn't. Can be very attacking and helps dominate midfield.  

I was about to say I'd be annoyed if Gabby started this game, but actually thinking about it, it's probably the one game I would trust him in.  He will be acutely aware of what this fixture means to all involved and I think he'd do well in it.  I don't assume it would kickstart his season or anything so wildly optimistic like that though.

Totally agree. I have run out of patience with Gabby but I think this is the one fixture that he will be up for.

Nervous. Blues have nothing to lose and will need no motivation. We're at home and the "premier league" team, all the pressure on us. I hope we are bang up for this and actually think we will be. Clark, Lescott, Jack, Richards all feel this like we do. I just hope the new lads understand how important this is to us fans.

I know it's a cliche, but the first goal is going to be so important for us.

Come on you lions!!

I have to say I have a bad feeling about this game. Put simply I think they will be up for this game more and want it more. As far as their fans are concerned if they beat us and then get relegated into League 1 it will have been a successful season. I really hope I am wrong about this but I could see them winning a tight game 1-0.

We are low on confidence and in a bad run of form which unless we come out of our corner fighting that is a dangerous combination against a SHA side who will want this very badly. We need both Gabby and Clark to start with the latter probably as a DM. They know how important this game is and will make sure the rest of the team do as well. Actually you can probably as Lescott to that as a Villa fan.

If we keep it tight in midfield and play in their faces we could win this game quite easily but 'could' is the operative word. So far this season we have singularly failed to do either.

Win this game and its a massive confidence builder, lose it and I think TS is in big trouble given the run we have had and the upcoming fixtures. He is supposed to be Mr Motivation and if he can't get us up to win this game I fear for both the club's and his future.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

I have a bad feeling about this game. Put simply I think the will be up for this game more and want it more...... I really hope I am wrong about this but I could see them winning a tight game 1-0.

Where's ya fighting spirit and never say die attitude Harry?  We want it more than them.  Villa to win 3-0.

....you never no we might just cause an upset!! 

I have a bad feeling about this game. Put simply I think the will be up for this game more and want it more...... I really hope I am wrong about this but I could see them winning a tight game 1-0.

Where's ya fighting spirit and never say die attitude Harry?  We want it more than them.  Villa to win 3-0.

....you never no we might just cause an upset!! 

Was just going to say the same - listening to Talk Sport this morning, I think the Upset will be if Villa win!!! 

Really not looking forward to this game. They have nothing to lose but we are expected to win

I want to see us win convincingly but I have a horrible feeling we're gonna play s@@t. 

Hope they shock me and prove me wrong...please prove me wrong Villa!

It's the same every time we play them, it's because they are shite.

Villa win.

Tim will field as many British players as possible as they know what this game is about.

Bunn

Hutton Richards Lescott Clark/Richardson

Westwood Richardson/Sanchez

Agbonlahor Cole Grealish

Gestede

Comfortable win.

Edited by jsam