Adama Traore

mwj

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He does have some incredible skill too.  If you watch the things he was doing at Barca including his goal for the first team you can't deny the natural talent is there.  His delivery looked pretty good too.  Even in the fleeting moments he had with us he did create things.  I just don't think it's going to work out for lots of reasons.

No application.

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

Too much of an enigma for me.

I like a player for " all seasons"  rounded and consistent.....he is anything but that.

Ha turn up to your house and there's a 8ft statue of James Milner in your garden. ;)

I see what you're saying but you need balance and variety in your team as we had with Milner one side and Young the other in the MON "glory days." We have little pace in our team, our counter attacks are non existent these days, Adama should've had way more of a chance here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Ha turn up to your house and there's a 8ft statue of James Milner in your garden. ;)

I see what you're saying but you need balance and variety in your team as we had with Milner one side and Young the other in the MON "glory days." We have little pace in our team, our counter attacks are non existent these days, Adama should've had way more of a chance here.

i understand your point, but I don't think recent managers trusted him.

what do I mean?

Unlike Milner or Young ( to a lesser extent) He has no defensive side to his game, i know that sounds paradoxical, but as the old saying goes attack starts at the back and defence starts at the front.....He is a luxury player for me,not sure he is a team player either....one at present we cannot afford imo.....bit of a show pony.

I haven't seen Adomah play, but I suspect what I have read, less pace than Adama, but better team qualities and a more rounded winger.

Its all about being effective and how a player makes his affect.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I would agree if we'd had just one or even two managers not giving him a chance - but he's had four managers decide he's not worth giving a chance. All four of those managers know all about his power, his pace, his ability to run with the ball and beat defenders etc. and still have decided that despite all that he's still not worth putting in the team. His attitude must be absolutely shocking.

2 hours ago, Ponky said:

Hopefully he doesn't shatter during the medical.

I would say it is about 50/50 - depends on whether they use that little hammer on his knee to test his reflexes. That could mean a minimum of two weeks out. 

Shame he didn't want to be here. I think we **** up last year with him. I think this season will make Garde look foolish for his reluctance to give him games. 

Can see him being an asset for any team that will use him. 

But **** him though, he didn't want to be part of this new project. 

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Good luck boro getting this man to track back and help defend

Play him on the shoulder of the last defender, and he won't need to. I would rather have liked to have seen him there last season when fit. Disappointed, he won't be given a chance there this season. Bags of potential, shame he hasn't shown enough of it.

Â