Adama Traore

mwj

2 hours ago, villianusa said:

Play him on the shoulder of the last defender, and he won't need to. I would rather have liked to have seen him there last season when fit. Disappointed, he won't be given a chance there this season. Bags of potential, shame he hasn't shown enough of it.

What assets do you think he has to play up front. Genuine question as I have seen it on here numerous times and I think the idea is laughable.

He was always a much better player, when he wasn't playing..... His pace deceived our judgment of him , he just represented a threat for me and no substance but when he played too many basic attributes were missing....there were times watching him,I couldn't quite believe what I was watching.

Mark Burke was another of these......the juggling king.

I have seen many players early games (that have turned out to be very good) and thought wow.It kinda stands out when they are going to make it.

sadly its only his pace that is wow....little else, including his attitude.

He was just a player that we all HOPED would happen.....glad he's gone to be frank.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That would be great as would if Sunderland went down after Moyes rejected us 

Don't get why people are upset at Moyes for rejecting us. From a neutral point of view, I'd much rather manage in the premier league and fail, than manage a club that was in absolute turmoil last season and potentially fail but in the championship. If I was a manager and Nottingham and Sunderland offered me a job, I'd take the Sunderland job. 

43 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What assets do you think he has to play up front. Genuine question as I have seen it on here numerous times and I think the idea is laughable.

A number of reason, but the first is obvious.

1. Raw pace, if he can play of the flicks of a taller forward partner, or balls played through by a creative midfielder, no many are going to catch him.

2. He finishes pretty well. From the goals I have seen throughout his short career, he finishes pretty well.

3. His selfishness at times with the ball. For a forward this is a very good trait to have. Their first thought needs to be can I score before I look to pass.

This video I feel shows some of the things I personally see. 

The Dr. was looking for pace, and a goalscorer. If he had wanted to stay, I think he could have been the boy.

12 minutes ago, Richard said:

He's just a development project really

Sadly he probably always will be.

I am not a scout and don't profess to be, but my early judgment on "so called" promising players has served me well.

I Remember the first time I saw Alan Shearer as a young up and coming player, Gary Shaw @ 17 Brian Little @ 18 Andy Gray @ 19  all showed signs very early on of being the business....Got Wayne Rooney Wrong, But Got Beckham and Scholes right from Kids.

I am not trying to say that I have scouting abilities far from it.....What I am saying is usually when its going to happen, the real deal.......you see it very early on.

These players that need too many visits or in 6 months he will be this or that.....Rarely happens.....If its going to happen you see it in no uncertain terms.

12 minutes ago, Richard said:

He's just a development project really

Sadly he probably always will be.

I am not a scout and don't profess to be, but my early judgment on "so called" promising players has served me well.

I Remember the first time I saw Alan Shearer as a young up and coming player, Gary Shaw @ 17 Brian Little @ 18 Andy Gray @ 19  all showed signs very early on of being the business....Got Wayne Rooney Wrong, But Got Beckham and Scholes right from Kids.

I am not trying to say that I have scouting abilities far from it.....What I am saying is usually when its going to happen, the real deal.......you see it very early on.

These players that need too many visits or in 6 months he will be this or that.....Rarely happens.....If its going to happen, you see it in no uncertain terms.

Â