Adama Traore

mwj

probably the most frustrating player I've ever seen, absolutely no football brain, all that pace yet doesn't run on to the ball...he drops deep and demands it to feet and then tries to run with it, doesn't seem to know what a pass is let alone a 1-2, apart from the Gil goal I can't remember a single decent cross or move from him, I don't think he even knows his own strengths as a player, he just wants to play Wembley singles

think my only disappointment is not trying to play him upfront but that's something we might have done behind the scene

not fussed about the fee, if anything I'm hoping that it comes out that the 2 deals between us are linked and we've used to bypass having to give barca a penny, even if it is only £4m for him it's still £3m a year off the books in wages

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

An incredible futsal player who mistakenly found himself outdoors.

Best description of him so far! 

Shame really, coulda been a contender. Hope he doesn't come good. Tosser. 

He's lightning fast, that's about it, without his pace there is absolutely no chance he'd be a professional footballer. Just stands on the byline, stationary, until he gets the ball and then tries to beat the whole team and smash a ball into the box. He is all about his raw physical attributes, all this talk of his potential is solely based on this, I've seen no evidence he has any kind of footballing intelligence whatsoever. I have no idea what the posters suggesting he could be the next big thing have seen that I haven't.

• Like 1

If we end up playing them next season then can I suggest we play Hutton, and have him break Traore in half during the game (looking in his direction should do it). We should keep Hutton on the books, just for this one game in the future. 

2 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

How can you say that,when he has done absolutley nothing for Aston Villa?

Because I thought he was an outstanding signing for us last season and in the limited amount of time he played for us he did nothing but confirm that. He has all the tools just needs an opportunity.

3 hours ago, meme said:

It's fun to look at all these players from last season who have left now on Villatalk. Always from 'Great signing, will do amazing in a Villa shirt' to 'At last, that shit footballer's gone'

Its amazing just what can gained......by watching them.^_^

• Like 1

Has the tools to be a very good player but injuries and a bad attitude held him back here.. plus our shambolic season last year. I would have liked to see him stay but he wanted out, so be it. Interesting to see how he gets on at Boro, their manager is certainly talking him up. 

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

Because I thought he was an outstanding signing for us last season and in the limited amount of time he played for us he did nothing but confirm that. He has all the tools just needs an opportunity.

How can you think that when he did nothing of note before signing for us? Did nothing of note for us? And other than physicality I'm not sure what tools he has?

the fact that he came from barca (b) and was a lot of flash (on the 7/8 successful runs he went on) in a very poor season means there are some serious tinted glasses with him

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

How can you think that when he did nothing of note before signing for us? Did nothing of note for us? And other than physicality I'm not sure what tools he has?

the fact that he came from barca (b) and was a lot of flash (on the 7/8 successful runs he went on) in a very poor season means there are some serious tinted glasses with him

It happens to plenty of players, Bojan did nothing at Ajax and Roma and I thought he'd flop at Stoke, he's done very well for them. Aranutovic is similar.

Adama needs a better environment and a manager who'll give him a run, think Karanka will do that given he'll know him from Spain.

I think he'll surprise a fair few and we'll regret we didn't loan him out.

a good move for the right club, us signing him was a luxury signing at the wrong time.

in the right conditions he will destroy teams with his pace alone and maybe Boro a lot more organised than us to take advantage

Â