Adama Traore

mwj

In a way I'm kind of relieved to have this white elephant off the books.  Yes I know he might come good.  But we don't have the luxury of waiting around paying him obscene wages that could be better used elsewhere, when we have immediate requirements in a division he doesn't want to be in.  On one hand good luck.  On the other hand good riddance.

entailing great expense out of proportion to its usefulness or value to the owner

• Like 3

Shame. Has the potential to be a world class winger, but doesn't appear to have the attitude for it. Hopefully there's quite a hefty sell on clause included in the deal. 

Edited by KJT123

6 minutes ago, villianusa said:

I hope we have a sell on clause. I believe he will come good.

They might come after us...."not fit for purpose":)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

In a way I'm kind of relieved to have this white elephant off the books.  Yes I know he might come good.  But we don't have the luxury of waiting around paying him obscene wages that could be better used elsewhere, when we have immediate requirements in a division he doesn't want to be in.  On one hand good luck.  On the other hand good riddance.

entailing great expense out of proportion to its usefulness or value to the owner

Well said Bof

Whether he does or whether he doesn't come good .....he is not right for us, right now......We are in a different zone......We need players that are going to contribute to the cause.

We are in quicksand and need a carthorse to pull us out.....not a bambi flashing his eye lashes at us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Find it so surprising he has stayed in england. Think he is either going to turn out to be really good or will just do nothing like he did here. Interesting to find out what the fee is and what clauses are involved.

One reason must be surely that Karanka is Spanish and they also have plenty of Spanish players in Valdes, Barragan, Ayala, Negredo etc.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's that Barcelona link. If we bought him from, say, Elche we really wouldn't care. 

That could be a very good point.

Â