Adama Traore

mwj

It is a shame, he has talent, whether he has the ability to put that talent to use is another question. His head is clearly too far up his own arse at the moment. Maybe he will do well at Middlesbrough - who knows. People have been blowing smoke up his ass for years - ultimately he has been relegated twice in the last two seasons so he is not as good as he thinks he is (he may be in the future, but not now)

Ultimately he is not what we need RIGHT NOW.... we need to get out of this league, and frankly he is too much of a risk/unknown at this point and if his head is not in the fight, he is part of the problem, not the solution. 

I have faith that with Xia and the Sky money behind us in the prem next season we will get someone better than him

As others have said - be very amusing if Middlesbrough go down and we get promoted!

I do hope that we got a decent fee for him - if not, I would be VERY disappointed. 

• Like 1

I remember having many a conversation with Andy Gray about "Talent" in our little social moments, many moons ago

He was always in awe of Brian Littles Talent and couldn't speak highly enough of him....In those days he was quite humble with regards to his own Talent( perhaps not now) but in terms of application, drive committment and "will to win" he had few peers.

Talent is one thing and important, but on its own , not enough.

He might prove to be a very good signing for Boro.

Sadly he never really had a chance last year because of injuries mainly, so we won't know what he could have done. And now that he no longer wants to be at Villa, there's no reason to keep him.

I wish him well and hold no grudges - I don't expect any of these guys to have any loyalty to Villa, we are a stepping stone. If they can't step up from us, they move on to an alternative step!

• Like 1

Yup, I'm bitter about this one. I rate him to have really high potential, perhaps as good as Mahrez eventually. He is lightening quick, has good feet and will terrify even the best defenders in the world 1 on 1.

But without doubt he's not ready for the Championship, let alone the Premier League. He's got so, so much to learn defensively and in functioning as a team player. He's a liability that even a Championship club can't gamble with a first team place. I wouldnt gamble it now, against Rotherham in his quick cameo he left Cissoko exposed, stood miles wide, clearly against instruction because everyone told him to move. And he dribbled the length of the pitch, beating several players and dragged his shot wide. That 10 minutes summed him up. But throw him on when you need a goal and you might just get one.

I love a wildcard, so I'm sad to see Adama leave. But equally I see he doesn't have any fight in him, and quit on us immediately. And, well, the best he could do is 'Boro.

And while they're better than us at the moment, we'll be laughing in a few years. 

Did I mention I was bitter?

• Like 2

It's fun to look at all these players from last season who have left now on Villatalk. Always from 'Great signing, will do amazing in a Villa shirt' to 'At last, that shit footballer's gone'

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Best signing of the transfer window by Middlesbrough.

He will make a bigger impact than Gana has for Everton.

OOI do you mean Middlesbrough's best signing of the window or the Transfer window's best signing by Middlesbrough?

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

OOI do you mean Middlesbrough's best signing of the window or the Transfer window's best signing by Middlesbrough?

He'll be one of the best transfers of the whole transfer window for premier league/championship clubs, if not the best.

I'm quite annoyed he's leaving. Very exciting and talented player. A true "Glass Cannon". Being realistic, I understand why this is not what we need at the moment though.

Why is everyone going on about how he has his head up his ass?

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 1

Michael118.  I am delighted that you are on VT.  I am delighted that you are a Villa Fan.  Next time I'm in Brum, I would be happy to meet you in a pub and I'll buy the first round.

But DANG, there is almost ZERO that you post about players that I don't find  almost DIAMETRICALLY opposed to what I think,

Adama is fast.   Very, Very fast.  His pace can be scary fast.  Defenders that play him tightly will often get burned by speed unless they foul him.  There... I'm done with everything good about him I can think to say.  

Best transfer in the whole premier league? Unless you mean for us... considering he doesn't want to play here and actively avoids it... we will disagree AGAIN, my friend. 

• Like 2

Just to add, what does please me about this transfer is that it has happened on our terms. 'Boro haven't pinched him at all.

"You don't want to play for Villa? Well thats okay, we only want commited players."

We may regret this one, but then again, if he wasn't bothered about us then he'd have never have performed for us.

Bye then, all the best.

23 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Michael118.  I am delighted that you are on VT.  I am delighted that you are a Villa Fan.  Next time I'm in Brum, I would be happy to meet you in a pub and I'll buy the first round.

But DANG, there is almost ZERO that you post about players that I don't find  almost DIAMETRICALLY opposed to what I think,

Adama is fast.   Very, Very fast.  His pace can be scary fast.  Defenders that play him tightly will often get burned by speed unless they foul him.  There... I'm done with everything good about him I can think to say.  

Best transfer in the whole premier league? Unless you mean for us... considering he doesn't want to play here and actively avoids it... we will disagree AGAIN, my friend. 

I am just sharing my opinion and am well aware that isn't the popular one on these forums at least. 

There is much more to him than pace. I don't think we've seen anything of what he can do yet and am confident a more well rounded player than many people realise will emerge with more game time at Middlesbrough.

Â