Rudy Gestede

midian

He offers absolutely nothing. Misses sitters in the air and apparently heading the ball is his only ability. Does not otherwise move or contribute in any way and doesn't know how to win a ball from an opponent. Needs to leave the club.

Edited by Spoony

To be fair i thought he was very good. Won most things in the air against a few tough customers.. nice control and lay offs bringing others into space and creating space for Ayew. He did miss a few good chances.. but sometimes that happens. He just needs to put it all together now. Hes getting better. Would be a good option on the bench if we sign Remy/Austin style forward in January.

Won everything in the air. Worked hard in defense. Won the penalty. Got a good shot on too, smartly saved by Adrian. Only a goal was missing.

On that performance he stays as first choice over Agbonlahor and Kozak.

• Like 1

Been very good in the past 2 games. Great to have in our own box as well, when defending set pieces.

If we persist with him, I would like to see Baccuna at RB, given the quality of cross that he can deliver. Benteke benefitted last season, Gestede could do the same this time around.

Neither him or Hutton are great defenders and I don't see that much between the two. People talk about "going for it". In that case, it has to be Baccuna at RB because of his attacking qualities.

On 12/28/2015 at 20:08, Cliffy Biro said:

When your best attribute is in the air and even that you are distinctly average at you know you're in trouble. Might be useful when we go down but never a premierleague player. Ever.

We dont play to his strengths and the players around him dont move but hes not the player to make things happen. 

Hes woeful. Cant head, cant pass, cant finish and cant run. He might be isolated but he makes his runs too late, reacts to the cross rather than moving to be aimed for. Cant control the ball and when able to just passes it back to the player who gave it him. Ill be surprised if he scores 2 more this season. 

Â