Rudy Gestede

midian

1 hour ago, Cliffy Biro said:

They would known exactly how good he was, they were laughing all the way to the bank i have no doubts about that.

I agree, they were trying to get about £14m for Rhodes, really haggling all summer and decided to keep him.

I wonder just how much negotiating took place,
As for the 20 goals, Daryl Murphy scored 27 in that division and is one the wankiest footballers ever to grace the PL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cliffy Biro said:

They would known exactly how good he was, they were laughing all the way to the bank i have no doubts about that.

Just had a browse through their transfer thread on their forum. There was actually a reference to the fact that a lot of people moaned at the fact they only got £6M for him (hardly an earth shattering amount for a striker that had scored 1 in 2 for them over 2 seasons, very much doubt there was much laughing on the way to the bank) and then a bit of a discussion, well a few posts, just like here about the fact that he needs to be in a team pumping in crosses and built around this, he's clearly ineffective at much else.  

Really don't understand the whole 'we don't play to his strengths' argument.

Great, so we need to plan our whole season and all our tactics around accommodating a lazy, bumbling championship standard footballer.

It's nonsense. He isn't good enough at this level. He just isn't. 

Get rid, don't even want him in our championship side next year. He doesn't even win that many headers. Bring in someone who can actually control a football.

I think the point is, if we're not going to play to his strength (plural) then he shouldn't be in the team. Simple.

I'd rather have, wait for it...

Sinclair, Ayew, Kozak, Gil, Grealish, Adama, Gabby, Veretout, Bacuna or, deep breath, N'Zogbia up front over him.

Ayew, Kozak, Sinclair and Gabby can all win the occasional long punt as well. Gestede is about the worst footballer I've ever seen in the top flight, much worse than Heskey. UNLESS we are going to whip loads of crosses in for him, which we don't have the players to do that. Nor do we set up that way

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think the point is, if we're not going to play to his strength (plural) then he shouldn't be in the team. Simple.

I'd rather have, wait for it...

Sinclair, Ayew, Kozak, Gil, Grealish, Adama, Gabby, Veretout, Bacuna or, deep breath, N'Zogbia up front over him.

Ayew, Kozak, Sinclair and Gabby can all win the occasional long punt as well. Gestede is about the worst footballer I've ever seen in the top flight, much worse than Heskey. UNLESS we are going to whip loads of crosses in for him, which we don't have the players to do that. Nor do we set up that way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyI-OfT7zYM 

Although he at least got his shot on target.

He should of scored a couple of goals, completely missed a great ball along the ground from ayew and then mistimed his jump and got ahead of the ball when unmarked about 6 yards out. Complete donkey, needs dropping out of the 18

Today was perfect for him. Britsh weather, no point playing it in the floor, Veretout, Bacuna, Hutton and Westwood trying to cross balls in. And to be fair to him he caused a few more problems than normal. But his impact was still minimal, just wasn't awful for once.

But today was perfectly set up for him and doubt that 'perfect storm' will occur too many more times this season so I'd rather see Sinclair, Gabby or preferably Traore ahead of him when we play West Ham on Boxing Day.

Â