Rudy Gestede

midian

I think he is a very limited player but on the other hand when he doesn't play we have no presence or shape in the final third. 

It's very frustrating but I think we need him as the focal point of our attack unless Kozak can play that role or we buy a new striker next month.

He did ok yesterday in terms of the not in front of goal stuff, if you know what I mean. Held it up well, flick ons were good, linked up with Ayew.

The system we were playing clearly worked much better with Gestede on.

He's just quite shit at putting the ball in the net.

We dont play to his strengths.  As soon as we whip a ball in the box, he looks a real threat....we just dont whip in many balls from the corners, it's all from deep.  It's the same point we said to Liverpool fans about Benteke and them not playing a system that suits him.....and that's now coming to fruition.  We can't take our own advice.  We buy a striker that is good with wingers and then we play down the middle with little width....friggin obvious isnt it

He is the man criticized the most after a defeat but he is having a good game again today so far and looking more like a big striker

But most amazing is the pace for that penalty, where did that come from :hooray:

4 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

you cant knock his heart, effort and desire but sadly he just isn't good enough in the premier league

This. Great effort today, one of his better games for us. But ultimately his best isn't good enough at this level. 

And judging by his career record, last year was the exception rather than the rule, so i wouldn't be confident that he could even produce again in the championship should we go down.

Its a terrible record really. 

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2005–2010 Metz B 27 (3)
2007–2011 Metz 28 (3)
2009–2010  Cannes (loan) 22 (4)
2011–2014 Cardiff City 55 (7)
2013–2014  Blackburn Rovers (loan) 6 (1)
2014–2015 Blackburn Rovers 60 (32)
2015– Aston Villa 17 (3)

National team

Edited by av1

Â