Dimitar Berbatov

abdomlahor

What a absolutely stupid signing this will be. If he is ahead of kozak I'm going to be pissed. With respect to Stan this will be the 2nd pants signing he has recommended after tonev.

Poor signing, give. A younger player like Robinson

but its ok to go into the Sinclair thread and moan that people not giving a player a chance after a pre-season game yet you moan about a player we havent even signed yet  :lol:

That is probably the poorest comparison I have read on here. Your comparing a current player in a meaningless friendly to a 34 year old who doesn't even play for us?? Looool your hilarious zatman some if the stuff you come out with!

So its OK to say a player is shit because he doesnt play for us but its not OK to say a shit player is shit just because it was a friendly

Comparing a existing player in a meaningless friendly to a link to a player who i feel is past his best is completely different. This is quite a bizarre post from you Zatman

But anyway Trent said this is rubbish so there is no point continuing this discussion

I personally don't think he is past his best...

He was never pacey but can be immense on his day with his reading of the game... He looked shite because he was with an abysmal Fulham squad...

If we are in for him and Adebayor, and both are Sherwoods decision... I say roll with it... Its Timmys first transfer window and has turned it all upside down to be fair... Players who are relatively unknown to the man on the street coming from all sides... If we get Adebayor and Berba both in I am intrigued as to how things will unfold... 

What a absolutely stupid signing this will be. If he is ahead of kozak I'm going to be pissed. With respect to Stan this will be the 2nd pants signing he has recommended after tonev.

Poor signing, give. A younger player like Robinson

but its ok to go into the Sinclair thread and moan that people not giving a player a chance after a pre-season game yet you moan about a player we havent even signed yet  :lol:

That is probably the poorest comparison I have read on here. Your comparing a current player in a meaningless friendly to a 34 year old who doesn't even play for us?? Looool your hilarious zatman some if the stuff you come out with!

So its OK to say a player is shit because he doesnt play for us but its not OK to say a shit player is shit just because it was a friendly

Comparing a existing player in a meaningless friendly to a link to a player who i feel is past his best is completely different. This is quite a bizarre post from you Zatman

But anyway Trent said this is rubbish so there is no point continuing this discussion

I personally don't think he is past his best...

He was never pacey but can be immense on his day with his reading of the game... He looked shite because he was with an abysmal Fulham squad...

If we are in for him and Adebayor, and both are Sherwoods decision... I say roll with it... Its Timmys first transfer window and has turned it all upside down to be fair... Players who are relatively unknown to the man on the street coming from all sides... If we get Adebayor and Berba both in I am intrigued as to how things will unfold... 

The thing is mate even when he was younger he never use to put a shift in, and now at 34 he sure hell wont in my view. Think it would have been a pointless signing, would rather Kozak as cover for ayew and adebayor

He scored 9 goals in 38 appearances last season for Monaco and 9 in 15 the season before. 48 goals in 108 games for Manure in his prime too.

The guy is a technical genius and will be up there with Merson in terms of quality/magic that we've seen at VP.

Yes he's 34 but pace was never even an issue with him, he literally strolls around!

I'd happily have him on a free, off the bench and see what he can still do!

• Like 1

Hopefully just a rumour.

Whilst we do need more striker options (even with Adebayor coming in) I just don't think this is a good choice.

He can produce moments of magic and he could teach the younger players a few tricks, but we can't afford to have a luxury player who will turn up 5 times a season ( for reference see Gabby Abonglahor).

I'd much rather a young, raw talent, who has something prove and with scope to develop. Especially if we are bringing in Adebayor because we will just find ourselves in a situation where we are having to replace two ageing strikers (with no resale value) in the next summer window.

• Like 1

Makes perfect sense that the Berbatov rumor is created by AVFC to get the upper hand in Adebayor negotiations. TBF, I can rather easily picture Timmy using such foxy tactics, especially against his old club.

• Like 1

Weird signing. Phenomenal player in his prime and he'd deffo have a few tricks to teach, but id hope he wouldn't feature that much to be honest - if he were to sign that is. Rather just get Adebayor.

Hopefully just a rumour.

Whilst we do need more striker options (even with Adebayor coming in) I just don't think this is a good choice.

He can produce moments of magic and he could teach the younger players a few tricks, but we can't afford to have a luxury player who will turn up 5 times a season ( for reference see Gabby Abonglahor).

I'd much rather a young, raw talent, who has something prove and with scope to develop. Especially if we are bringing in Adebayor because we will just find ourselves in a situation where we are having to replace two ageing strikers (with no resale value) in the next summer window.

THIS. Couldn't agree more!

• Like 1

He can probably get a contract at any of the clubs that finished 5th-17th, and obviously the newly promoted sides. Maybe Arsenal might even be willing to give him a deal as a rotation player. He is still pretty good. 

I haven't liked Berbatov since he lost that last bit of hair.

It's clearly pushed him from the 'You're going thin but still look okay' group to the 'Just shave it off, mate' category.

Adebayor still has a mop on his head, so he's my choice.