Dimitar Berbatov

abdomlahor

Where has Petrov said this?

Here http://tinyurl.com/nebhh3c 

Express Sport exclusively revealed Berbatov was edging closer to a move to Villa after holding negotiations with the Birmingham-based club in the last few days.

“There were talks but I can’t reveal you anything at the moment,” Petrov replied reporters in Bulgarian capital Sofia when he was asked if he had been involved in a potential Berbatov’s move to Aston Villa.

Petrov, Bulgaria's most capped player, joined Villa from Celtic in 2006 but was forced to retire in 2013 after being diagnosed with leukaemia.

“It’s a nervy period for Berbatov, his agent and Villa and they’ll be the first to announce if there’s something…” Petrov said.

Lots of journos said yesterday that there was nothing in it. So has Trent.

Last I heard there was nothing in it but as I've said previously things change and I'm not on Sherwood's speed dial. Plus I certainly don't hear about everything.

The quote attributed to Perov certainly make it appear there is something in this, personally though I'd still be very surprised.

Lots of journos said yesterday that there was nothing in it. So has Trent.

Last I heard there was nothing in it but as I've said previously things change and I'm not on Sherwood's speed dial. Plus I certainly don't hear about everything.

The quote attributed to Perov certainly make it appear there is something in this, personally though I'd still be very surprised.

I think the quotes are to do with when he was offered to us previously. I saw somewhere that when he was supposed to be coming in for talks he was actually playing 5 a side beach footy tournament abroad. I think Villa are trying to speed things up with Adebayor.

i still think it it is to make Tottenham pay more of his wages. Or he could simply be our back up plan if we cant get Adebayor.

I'd say it's a bit if both. We would need a genuine back up plan or Spurs could call our bluff.