Dimitar Berbatov

abdomlahor

I haven't liked Berbatov since he lost that last bit of hair.

It's clearly pushed him from the 'You're going thin but still look okay' group to the 'Just shave it off, mate' category.

Adebayor still has a mop on his head, so he's my choice.

Will you like him again if I told you that he solved that problem "the Rooney way". He got his hair back just recently:)

Much ado about nothing, ain't happening.

Amazingly we do seem to be after another striker as I've posted in the speculation thread but it isn't Bertbatov as far as I'm aware.

What's amazing about that? We've just sold a world class striker for 32.5 million. He's going to take some replacing. People getting too excited over pre-season goals by Kozak. Pre-season / proper season a completely different kettle of fish. 

As for Berb's I remember his season at Fulham which his fanboys conveniently forget. No thanks. 

Amazingly we do seem to be after another striker as I've posted in the speculation thread but it isn't Bertbatov as far as I'm aware.

What's amazing about that? We've just sold a world class striker for 32.5 million. He's going to take some replacing. People getting too excited over pre-season goals by Kozak. Pre-season / proper season a completely different kettle of fish. 

As for Berb's I remember his season at Fulham which his fanboys conveniently forget. No thanks. 

the season he got 15 league goals?

It's nothing to do with Kozak that I said amazingly.

It's to do with the fact we already signed Ayew and are about to sign Adebayor, so to me a 3rd striker would be a surprise especially given how many players we've signed this window and the others we are trying to sign.

• Like 2

What a absolutely stupid signing this will be. If he is ahead of kozak I'm going to be pissed. With respect to Stan this will be the 2nd pants signing he has recommended after tonev.

Poor signing, give. A younger player like Robinson

but its ok to go into the Sinclair thread and moan that people not giving a player a chance after a pre-season game yet you moan about a player we havent even signed yet  :lol:

That is probably the poorest comparison I have read on here. Your comparing a current player in a meaningless friendly to a 34 year old who doesn't even play for us?? Looool your hilarious zatman some if the stuff you come out with!

So its OK to say a player is shit because he doesnt play for us but its not OK to say a shit player is shit just because it was a friendly

Comparing a existing player in a meaningless friendly to a link to a player who i feel is past his best is completely different. This is quite a bizarre post from you Zatman

But anyway Trent said this is rubbish so there is no point continuing this discussion

I personally don't think he is past his best...

He was never pacey but can be immense on his day with his reading of the game... He looked shite because he was with an abysmal Fulham squad...

If we are in for him and Adebayor, and both are Sherwoods decision... I say roll with it... Its Timmys first transfer window and has turned it all upside down to be fair... Players who are relatively unknown to the man on the street coming from all sides... If we get Adebayor and Berba both in I am intrigued as to how things will unfold... 

The thing is mate even when he was younger he never use to put a shift in, and now at 34 he sure hell wont in my view. Think it would have been a pointless signing, would rather Kozak as cover for ayew and adebayor

I understand where you are coming from... but just because at times he never pulled all of his weight, it didn't mean he was ineffectual... He is always criticised for being a lazy striker - and he is to be fair - but he is still a striker who knows where the net is and can bring others into play...

Weimann used to put a shift in, but did achieved bugger all for the effort!

It's to do with the fact we already signed Ayew and are about to sign Adebayor, so to me a 3rd striker would be a surprise especially given how many players we've signed this window and the others we are trying to sign.

The most worrying thing about it for me is that with the amount of strikers supposedly coming in is it's really starting to point to a 4-4-2 formation which would most likely mean Bacuna and Sinclair over Gil and Grealish as wingers. Just can't see us needing 5 strikers for 1 spot.

I haven't liked Berbatov since he lost that last bit of hair.

It's clearly pushed him from the 'You're going thin but still look okay' group to the 'Just shave it off, mate' category.

Adebayor still has a mop on his head, so he's my choice.

Will you like him again if I told you that he solved that problem "the Rooney way". He got his hair back just recently:)

I would! Sign him up!

hoping this falls through i never liked his playing mentality i dont think he would fit in well with the set up we have already i think he is over the hill and i dont think he could contribute anything worthwhile to this great football club.

If it was just down to ability....it would be a no brainer.

watched him single handedly dismantle us, when we played Fulham away after beating Southampton 2 days earlier.

If football was that simple.

I havn't got a clue on this one.....that why managers get paid so much.

I last saw him play for Fulham against us at Craven Cottage.  It was an awful game, both teams were terrible and as was the theme of our team under Lambert we managed to be the more awful.  There was however one shining light.  A player that looked a class above the rest, that had the awareness and technique to influence the result of the game despite the dross that was around him.  But enough about Steve Sidwell, Berbatov was playing that day too.  To be fair to Berbatov he didn't move a great deal, but always seemed to be in space, he didn't sprint much, but always got to the ball first. He could bring the ball under control if it was anywhere within his reach and when he moved the ball on it was progressive and more often than not dangerous.  As far as I am concerned he was the difference between the two teams on that day. 

All that said, I still don't know if I want him.  I can just see the game happening.  We are a goal down with 20 mins to go.  There is Gabby and Berbatov on the bench but only one substitution left.  I'll be there thinking, "Bring on Berbatov, his class can change this game".  Then he comes on, saunters about for 20 mins doing bog all and another game drifts away from us.  I'm not sure I want to put myself through that frustration.

• Like 4

Another supernova comment from supernova 26!

What is it you remember most about his season at Fulham?

The way he almost single-handedly destroyed us at Craven Cottage?

I have a feeling that Ayew might be a little more of a future project - definitely going to get minutes, but perhaps with an understanding that not too much is expected at this stage. I may well be completely wrong, of course. 

James Nursey was on TalkSport earlier.

He said that we'd been offered Berbatov whilst Benteke was still here and had told him thanks, but no thanks.

He did say though we may go back in for him if we were to make a slow start to the season.

Make of that what you will.