Dimitar Berbatov

abdomlahor

Big problem for me is Berbatov doesn't turn up for away games. Fulham's away record was atrocious when he played so very much to me someone just to play at VP and go with quicker players and Gestede away from home.

It's a tough one but think Adebayor may give us a little more value there.

Don't use the point that he only plays well at home as a negative one, it's about time we had someone who actually played well at VP

By accident, I found a small mention of Sherwood talking about Berbatov a few years back.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2008/sep/26/1

Were Spurs right to get rid of Dimitar Berbatov? You weren't his biggest fan, were you?

No. But I love him as a footballer. But when everything's not rosy for him, there are problems. He's the sort of player who can get managers the sack. He can throw his toys out of the pram at times and, as a manager, you have to make sure he's 100% committed to your football club. If not, he can be a bad apple and you don't want that around your squad.

Close the thread then surely? I'll be disappointed if he should take such a gamble with what he is building here.

• Like 2

If it's 100k a week, I'd take Berbatov over Adabeyor. But I think we're hoping to get a chunk of Adabeyor's wages. Berbatov won't be available any cheaper than 100k pw IMO

What?!

One, I would rather a 31 year old Ade ovee a 98 year old Berba.

Secondly, Berbatov couldn't command 100k in his prime.

I don't think that is true as he was widely reported to be earning that at Manchester United.

Of course we shouldn't pay him any where near that though.

Personally I'd prefer to see Adebayor here than Berbatov.

• Like 1

Express seem pretty sure he's incoming.

The Express think Lady Di was the most wonderful woman ever to walk the planet.

Not the most reliable of newspapers

They also announce, almost every day, that a miracle cure for cancer has been found.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Most of the times a watched Monaco last season he actually looked quality, both in the league and the Champions League.

No doubt thou he is when not in the mood the epitome of a luxury player who has a tendency to sulk and complain.

He could still be amazing in a free role behind the striker IF he really want'ed to be here, but I'm not sure he does or that Sherwood would take that gamble

• Like 1

If it's 100k a week, I'd take Berbatov over Adabeyor. But I think we're hoping to get a chunk of Adabeyor's wages. Berbatov won't be available any cheaper than 100k pw IMO

What?!

They're both lazy, but Berbatov has more ability IMO. Meaning age doesn't play a huge role, they'll both be pretty immobile.

Secondly) He's been at Man Utd (110k pw) and Monaco, not exactly known for bartering hard on their players wages. Whether he's worth 100k or not, people don't tend to take huge pay cuts when they move jobs. Fulham made him their main player, and could offer him a fancy lifestyle in the swankiest part of London. I wouldn't be surprised if he was on 80 odd there.

• Like 1

The Bulgarian striker, 31, snubbed Juventus and Fiorentina to move to Craven Cottage after a £4m fee was agreed with United, and Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed agreed to match his £100,000-a-week Old Trafford wages.

What?!

They're both lazy, but Berbatov has more ability IMO. Meaning age doesn't play a huge role, they'll both be pretty immobile.

Secondly) He's been at Man Utd (110k pw) and Monaco, not exactly known for bartering hard on their players wages. Whether he's worth 100k or not, people don't tend to take huge pay cuts when they move jobs. Fulham made him their main player, and could offer him a fancy lifestyle in the swankiest part of London. I wouldn't be surprised if he was on 80 odd there.

If either can become Immobile I'm all up for the singing.