Dimitar Berbatov

abdomlahor

He'd get paid a ridiculous amount in the US and he's clearly not stupid as he's just been in Monaco.

Surprised if he came to us but I'd welcome it, he's top notch and you couldn't fail to learn things from him. Worth the wages? Doubt it but he's a sumptuous player even if the majority of his contribution is when he's standing still.

Him and Adebayor...erm, better get some pace around them! Can't be true.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Yes please. Him linking up with Gil sounds very easy on the eye.

Whatever your opinion on our signings and manager i think it's hard to argue that it's the most exciting time to be a VIlla fan for quite a while.

Yes please. I'd love to see him play in a villa shirt. Even if it is a bit part player. Will be disappointed if we don't sign another up and coming striker though like Oulare. I see Ayew as more of an inside forward.

Talk about luxury players, jesus wept this is dodgy going.Still though, both Berbatov and Adebayor if even remotely interested are genuinely deadly strikers, it's just those days seem so rare.

• Like 1

34 isn't that old and his game was never about pace. I doubt Berbatov and Adebayor would start together but imagine taking Ade off around 70 mins and then having someone with the technical and football brain ability of Berbatov to unlock tired defences. As long as he wasn't on stupid wages I'd be happy to have him in the ranks. He's a bloody good player!

Could a forward line of Berbatov, Adebayor, Kozak, Gabby and Ayew work or do people think one of Gabby/Kozak will be moved on if this happens?

It sounds like we are after another forward (in addition to Adebayor) anyway - Gestede being linked. So yeah, one of Gabby or Kozak becomes surplus in that case. Probably the latter.

He left the club on 1 June 2015, after the club decided against renewing his contract, with Monaco releasing a statement praising the 34-year-old for his "character, his professionalism and his great talent". Monaco president Vadim Vasilyev added: "He is clearly among the greatest strikers who have played for Monaco. We are proud of what he brought to the club and wish him the best in the future." 

What a absolutely stupid signing this will be. If he is ahead of kozak I'm going to be pissed. With respect to Stan this will be the 2nd pants signing he has recommended after tonev.

Poor signing, give. A younger player like Robinson

• Like 1