Dimitar Berbatov

abdomlahor

By accident, I found a small mention of Sherwood talking about Berbatov a few years back.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2008/sep/26/1

Were Spurs right to get rid of Dimitar Berbatov? You weren't his biggest fan, were you?

No. But I love him as a footballer. But when everything's not rosy for him, there are problems. He's the sort of player who can get managers the sack. He can throw his toys out of the pram at times and, as a manager, you have to make sure he's 100% committed to your football club. If not, he can be a bad apple and you don't want that around your squad.

If it's 100k a week, I'd take Berbatov over Adabeyor. But I think we're hoping to get a chunk of Adabeyor's wages. Berbatov won't be available any cheaper than 100k pw IMO

I'll wait until it is reported by somebody other than The Express to take it seriously but I'd have Berbatov over Adebayor if it's a choice.

Edited by Isa

Big problem for me is Berbatov doesn't turn up for away games. Fulham's away record was atrocious when he played so very much to me someone just to play at VP and go with quicker players and Gestede away from home.

It's a tough one but think Adebayor may give us a little more value there.

We can only have 25 players in the squad. Surely we can't squeeze another in?

Would not be surprised the way this window has gone. What's good imo is that we probably have all bases covered now even though the CB and CF positions are still to be confirmed. However I think once the incomings are finished players will then be sent on loan or sold.