Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

2 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

But I don't think thats true. If we are playing Westwood, Gana and Veretout as a midfield 3 or the 3 players in a diamond who are not most attacking, then I would expect one of them at least to get into the box, and I wouldn't say that is taking an overly risky approach of leaving us exposed. The vast majority of the time, the only players we have in a decent position in the box is the main striker - whether it be Kozak or Gestede - against 4 defenders at least.

We got hit on the break by Arsenal for their second goal without any of our midfielders even getting in to the box. When we're playing with so little confidence, making repeated mistakes and giving the ball away so often I can see why Remy won't let them gamble.

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

maybe if he stopped going forward so much he could have marked Allen for the goal ;)

Arteta was on then so it was his job ;)

People seem to think its Garde stopping him gamble so fair enough, I do like what I see from Veretout, in fact I can see potential in all of our players we signed from France which makes our position all the more frustrating 

3 hours ago, roadoftrinity said:

Arteta was on then so it was his job ;)

People seem to think its Garde stopping him gamble so fair enough, I do like what I see from Veretout, in fact I can see potential in all of our players we signed from France which makes our position all the more frustrating 

It's not frustrating, I think it's been entirely predictable that some of our extremely young, French players have struggled to adapt to the PL.  It's absolutely ludicrous in my head that we recruited in this manner, whilst losing our 3 experienced PL players in Benteke, Delph and Vlaar.

We needed experience, to go with our more lavish foreign purchases, not paying through the nose for unknown players like Illori.  It was suicide.

I can actually see us beginning to play well now, and for the rest of the season we'll surprise a few people.  But we'll go down because of the stupidness of our board who thought it was a good idea to start a season with an entirely new (and foreign) team - and a shit manager.

Imbeciles.

hes been good recently, but he was way off it today in open play (i thought most of his set pieces were still generally good, whipped into the right area)

to be fair, i didnt think he went hiding, even though nothing he did came off

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Players are only as good as their last game on VT :crylaugh:

Predictable, and sad, really isn't it.  In general the midfield seemed keen to get 30 yards out, then pick out a pass straight to a Leicester player.  Very frustrating and I'm sure Garde must be tearing his hair out internally.  I think credit has to go to Leicester's midfield and organisation too.

i know he has a lot of fans, but i haven't rated and i just don't see anything from open play.

He has a phenomenal dead ball delivery on him, particularly on freekicks from that 35/40 yard range where he just gets the ball to drop superbly in the right area (that did make the 93rd minute attempt so infuriating) but he is just so sloppy at times and really seems to struggle with the pace of the game.

Â