Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

so if a player is good then Sherwood knew nothing about it but when a signing is shit its because Tim had final say ;)

That seems to be about the size of it. 

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If we go down we'll be selling him for less.

Less than what?

Zatman's initial comment was 'maybe not [staying next season in the Championship] though his value is going back up in every game if we do have to sell'. I didn't understand how that was answered by 'If we go down we'll be selling him for less' and I still don't really. Never mind, not important. 

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

so if a player is good then Sherwood knew nothing about it but when a signing is shit its because Tim had final say ;)

Nope. He takes responsibility for all of the transfers.

The problem isn't that he bought shit players. The problem was that he bought players who would take months to settle and didn't have the foggiest idea what to do in the meantime.

I thought he had some decent moments, especially in the first half. Very good technique and an eye for a pass. However he's just too lightweight for this league, I don't think the money spent on him represented particularly good value, given we were always going to struggle this season.

42 minutes ago, mwj said:

Veretout : « Je ne comprends pas tout

That means I do not understand at all,

The jist of the article at the start is about how we have had 1 win and that Veretout wasn't started by Sherwood so it wasn't an ideal start here. It says Veretout found it difficult at first to adapt to playing in the premier league at first but things are turning round for him since the appointment of Garde in November. The article then cuts off ( someone with better French may be able to interpret the bit that can be seen a bit better!)

15 minutes ago, KHV said:

Veretout : « Je ne comprends pas tout

That means I do not understand at all,

The jist of the article at the start is about how we have had 1 win and that Veretout wasn't started by Sherwood so it wasn't an ideal start here. It says Veretout found it difficult at first to adapt to playing in the premier league at first but things are turning round for him since the appointment of Garde in November. The article then cuts off ( someone with better French may be able to interpret the bit that can be seen a bit better!)

Yeh I know, I wanted the rest of the article though

Â