Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Just now, mwj said:

Yeh I know, I wanted the rest of the article though

Aston Villa midfielder Jordan Veretout has claimed that he ‘no dialogue’ with former manager Tim Sherwood.

Sherwood was sacked as boss in October, eight months into his tenure at Villa Park. Villa were bottom of the table after 10 games, with just four points to their name. Ten games on, and replacement Remi Garde has only managed to double that tally.

Fortunes have undoubtedly improved for Veretout personally, however. Signed for £8million by Sherwood on a five-year deal in the summer, the former Nantes midfielder started just three games under the Englishman. Under compatriot Garde, Veretout has started each of Villa’s last nine Premier League games.

Veretout has revealed more about his fractured relationship with Sherwood in an interview with French newspaper L’Equipe.

“I heard that he had confidence in me but in the end, I was on the bench every weekend,” Veretout said. “I didn’t have an explanation, and it’s been hard to talk, especially with the language barrier.

“I didn’t have any dialogue with him, I didn’t understand and I still don’t understand. When I played, I thought I performed well. The arrival of Garde as coach was beneficial for me.”

Villa may be stranded at the foot of the Premier League, 11 points from safety with 18 games remaining, but Veretout still believes he joined the right club in the summer.

“This is a club that spoke to me, a very big club,” said the 22-year-old. “Just look at it’s record. They had a Champions League (in 1982, against Bayern Munich, 1-0).

“Today, there is a lack of collective confidence, but we will fight to move up. And we seem to be having good matches, although the results are not always there.”

14 minutes ago, KHV said:

Aston Villa midfielder Jordan Veretout has claimed that he ‘no dialogue’ with former manager Tim Sherwood.

Sherwood was sacked as boss in October, eight months into his tenure at Villa Park. Villa were bottom of the table after 10 games, with just four points to their name. Ten games on, and replacement Remi Garde has only managed to double that tally.

Fortunes have undoubtedly improved for Veretout personally, however. Signed for £8million by Sherwood on a five-year deal in the summer, the former Nantes midfielder started just three games under the Englishman. Under compatriot Garde, Veretout has started each of Villa’s last nine Premier League games.

Veretout has revealed more about his fractured relationship with Sherwood in an interview with French newspaper L’Equipe.

“I heard that he had confidence in me but in the end, I was on the bench every weekend,” Veretout said. “I didn’t have an explanation, and it’s been hard to talk, especially with the language barrier.

“I didn’t have any dialogue with him, I didn’t understand and I still don’t understand. When I played, I thought I performed well. The arrival of Garde as coach was beneficial for me.”

Villa may be stranded at the foot of the Premier League, 11 points from safety with 18 games remaining, but Veretout still believes he joined the right club in the summer.

“This is a club that spoke to me, a very big club,” said the 22-year-old. “Just look at it’s record. They had a Champions League (in 1982, against Bayern Munich, 1-0).

“Today, there is a lack of collective confidence, but we will fight to move up. And we seem to be having good matches, although the results are not always there.”

Just goes to show how hard Veretout has had it since he came. sherwood with his pathetic lame man-management skills

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Do you think it adds weight to the argument that Sherwood didn't sign the players? Or didn't sign all of them?

The worrying bit for me was the fact that he though he played well !!!  I thought he was **** awful in his first few appearances

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mwj said:

Not to mention dealing with a newborn baby at 22... respect!

I dealt with things okay when I had my daughter, I wasn't on 25k+ per week either, and I had to work 40 hours per week. I refuse to give any kudos to him for that.

• Like 2

What a colossal prick Sherwood is. Shameful.

You pay £8m for someone you do everything to protect and encourage the player...along with your investment.

...bottom line is, you look after your staff, Yet alone a new father,in a foreign country, who has never left home.

1 hour ago, KHV said:

I dealt with things okay when I had my daughter, I wasn't on 25k+ per week either, and I had to work 40 hours per week. I refuse to give any kudos to him for that.

Foreign country, taking his missus away from all her friends and family. Come on man, that can be a very tricky situation.

• Like 1

Not to mention dealing with a newborn baby at 22... respect!

My hero

• Like 2

I hope we can hold on to him next season.  I'm sure there'll be plenty of interest from Ligue 1 and I wouldn't blame him for wanting to return there asap.  Same goes for Amavi & Ayew, both of whom I think will be gone very quickly - and in their case not necessarily to Ligue 1 either..

1 hour ago, KHV said:

I **** hate posts like this.

"yeah but they get paid loads!!!!!"

Money doesn't cure everything.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

I hope we can hold on to him next season.  I'm sure there'll be plenty of interest from Ligue 1 and I wouldn't blame him for wanting to return there asap.  Same goes for Amavi & Ayew, both of whom I think will be gone very quickly - and in their case not necessarily to Ligue 1 either..

If they do go we'll be getting loads for them and to be honest we may need them to go to have any chance of having an actual transfer budget

I've got to be honest first 3 matches he barely touched the ball and made little impact so I had no issue with him being taken out of the team, same with Ayew. It's normal for foreign players to take a while to settle in. 

He showed some good touched in the first few games but didn't seem used to the pace and also a bit unfit (knackered after 60 minutes). Basically seemed like he needed to settle and in a case like that a reassuring word from the manager could mean a lot

Â