Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

I really think this lad is a decent decent footballer. I just hope we can hold onto him in the Championship. Its a shame he's not playing alongside quality midfielders and he is allowed to blossom under a less stressful situation. Really coming into his own, comfortable on the ball and in possession and can pick a pass.

His distribution of his shirt into the Holte at the end reminded me of Guzan. Misssed the crowd twice bless him. Top player this lad is fast becoming, and with Ayew and Gil we have 3 real gems shinning in the darkness!

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

His distribution of his shirt into the Holte at the end reminded me of Guzan. Misssed the crowd twice bless him. Top player this lad is fast becoming, and with Ayew and Gil we have 3 real gems shinning in the darkness!

This is very true - we've got 3 players now who can make things happen - Ayew with his pace and directness, Gil with his trickery and skill, and Veretout with his drive from deeper and his excellent set pieces. We just need someone to get on the end of things and start banging the goals in...hopefully Kozak is the man...

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The guy was blowing out of his arse after 10 minutes in the early games! He had the talent but his fitness was terrible.  Now he seems to have sort it out he is showing he is a player.

Whilst I agree he looked slightly unfit, you only have to read what he himself said about his relationship (or lack of one) with Sherwood to see that it's probably not a coincidence he's performing better under Garde.

23 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Shocking we get a Fitness Guy into the Club and Fitness to the players is greatly improved.

It did seem like they did no fitness work during pre-season

Which is baffling and sadly hilarious because pre-season is nothing more than a fitness exercise.

57 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Shocking we get a Fitness Guy into the Club and Fitness to the players is greatly improved.

It did seem like they did no fitness work during pre-season

didn't we have two fitness guys in before Duverne was brought back that cost £1million to get rid of when Garde was brought in?

4 hours ago, roadoftrinity said:

For our attacking midfielder he doesn't get in the box anywhere near enough. Neat footballer but needs to gamble more.

He wasn't playing attacking midfielder last night, he was on the right of a diamond.  He was quiet first half but was quality second half and it's players like him that are showing the others what effort is needed for us to compete, I've been super impressed with him over the past couple of months considering how crap and unfit he looked, to go from that to the performances hes now putting in is great, oh and 4 assists now as well :) 

• Like 1

I think he was definitely instructed not to get into the box at certain times - even before we scored. In the last 10 mins you could see him actually stop dead when he got to pretty much the line of the final third - Bacuna was the same at that stage.

Think that ridiculous Arsenal goal is still fresh in Remi's memory.

2 hours ago, Bunnski said:

He wasn't playing attacking midfielder last night, he was on the right of a diamond.  He was quiet first half but was quality second half and it's players like him that are showing the others what effort is needed for us to compete, I've been super impressed with him over the past couple of months considering how crap and unfit he looked, to go from that to the performances hes now putting in is great, oh and 4 assists now as well :) 

Ah, no need for him to get in the box then. He's more attacking than Westwood and Gaye so needs to get in the box more, him and Gill.

He wasn't playing attacking midfielder last night, he was on the right of a diamond.  He was quiet first half but was quality second half and it's players like him that are showing the others what effort is needed for us to compete, I've been super impressed with him over the past couple of months considering how crap and unfit he looked, to go from that to the performances hes now putting in is great, oh and 4 assists now as well [emoji4] 

Ah, no need for him to get in the box then. He's more attacking than Westwood and Gaye so needs to get in the box more, him and Gill.

Yeah when he's playing attacking midfielder.

3 hours ago, Bunnski said:

Yeah when he's playing attacking midfielder.

Hmm, some what odd response, so you disagree that we need more players to get into the box on last nights performance? Cleverly making runs into the box work ok under Sherwood or do you disagree on that as well?

3 hours ago, roadoftrinity said:

Hmm, some what odd response, so you disagree that we need more players to get into the box on last nights performance? Cleverly making runs into the box work ok under Sherwood or do you disagree on that as well?

We do at times need more forward movement. Even last night on occassions we had no one penetrating in the right areas when the ball was crossed in. Saying that it isn't always about making the runs but choosing the best time to make them. Sometimes you just need to be disciplined especially with our form and getting the basics right which then gives you a foundation on which to build. 

• Like 1

On 8. Januar 2016 at 17:15, KHV said:

I dealt with things okay when I had my daughter, I wasn't on 25k+ per week either, and I had to work 40 hours per week. I refuse to give any kudos to him for that.

You only work 40hrs a week?

You lucky lucky B*****d!

i dont think I've ever worked less than 60hrs a week over the last 20 years or so

Â