Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He put in 1 brilliant free kick in the 1st half but Ayew was offside

Yeah he did. but I got the feeling Ayew didn't actually want that ball. I think he was trying to pull the defensive line back a bit by standing offside, and then the ball came straight to him :)

Veretout wasn't to know though, it was a great delivery.

He's the best of our central midfielders. 

He wasn't tonight.

This. Bad day at the office and on to the next one

He was poor and I agree he looks tired, hoping he gets a rest on Tuesday as the week off could do him (and Ayew, who also covers a huge amount of ground) the world of good

I think he still has some way to go, but he is definitely a talented player. I think at times he struggles with the pace and physicality of this league, and strength + conditioning is an area he needs to make big improvements in, but I also think he's very good technically, and although his passing and delivery was poor yesterday he has shown that he can be very capable at those two things.

I also think he'll become even better when he gets a better grasp of the language. I've seen him (live) shout at players and try to organise them (more than most of the others), so with a better grasp of English I think he'll be a lot more influential for those around him.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think he still has some way to go, but he is definitely a talented player. I think at times he struggles with the pace and physicality of this league, and strength + conditioning is an area he needs to make big improvements in, but I also think he's very good technically, and although his passing and delivery was poor yesterday he has shown that he can be very capable at those two things.

I also think he'll become even better when he gets a better grasp of the language. I've seen him (live) shout at players and try to organise them (more than most of the others), so with a better grasp of English I think he'll be a lot more influential for those around him.

Good analysis, I feel similarly. 

Bar possibly Kozak, due to his injury and continual absense from the team, I want Veretout to score more than any other player. I think he will jump another level in confidence and find another gear on the pitch. Think there is loads more to come from him yet.

22 hours ago, andym said:

no but i think overall hes been a competent premier league player, same with Gana, and to be honest although im not really a fan, Westwood as well. 

I'm aware that bad teams can have players who are playing well but to call the whole of a midfield competent, given our predicament is one wild claim imo.

Pretty much the most important part of the pitch - where games are often won or lost - we haven't been anywhere near good enough.

A few seasons back, I said we had the one of the worst midfield's in premiership history. Sadly it's got even worse.

17 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Bar possibly Kozak, due to his injury and continual absense from the team, I want Veretout to score more than any other player. I think he will jump another level in confidence and find another gear on the pitch. Think there is loads more to come from him yet.

I do too. He has come very close, it was two great saves in the previous games that have denied him his first goal for us. 

Still, 4 assists. 

I can see why. He started very poorly but the last few matches he has been one our best players. He didn't have a good game on Saturday but he was still pretty decent. I think he needs to start adding goals from the midfield though because Gana and Westwood aren't capable.

45 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

I can see why. He started very poorly but the last few matches he has been one our best players. He didn't have a good game on Saturday but he was still pretty decent. I think he needs to start adding goals from the midfield though because Gana and Westwood aren't capable.

He was far from 'pretty decent'.
He was the worst player on the pitch against Leicester. 

I agree he has looked slightly better lately but he doesn't look like a premiership footballer to me. 

Will be a good player for us in the championship, as will Gana and Westwood. It's probably their level. 

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was far from 'pretty decent'.
He was the worst player on the pitch against Leicester.

I agree he has looked slightly better lately but he doesn't look like a premiership footballer to me. 

Will be a good player for us in the championship, as will Gana and Westwood. It's probably their level. 

You watched a different game to me,...

Â