Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

I thought he put a shift in but his failure to constantly beat the first man with his crossing wasted a number of promising positions for us. I like him though and think he has bright future as he does look comfortable at this level.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You what?

I thought he was poor against palace personally. He had been much better until this week. Has gone backwards in the last two games IMO. 

He's been one of our better players but still hasn't performed well enough at this level. He's had some really good moments and the potential is there but right now he's not at the required level. 

He's not alone, neither is westwood or Sanchez and at times Gana is the same. Our midfield is quite awful. It's doesn't do anything really well, its not creative, it doesn't protect the back 4, it doesn't control games. We need big improvements in this area in the future. 

1 hour ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Dear me,the standards that are expected on here.

For me he is our most creative player, and the player you want to get on the ball.Technically very good, always looks to be positive, and generally has good delivery.

We are a bit lopsided at the moment, our only danger comes down the right, Westwood and Sissokho on the left is too one paced.

100% this. I cant believe what I'm reading on here sometimes. Poor against Palace? Was probably the best player on the pitch IMO. That blind pass to Cissokho on the left wing between two players on the edge of their box was brilliant.

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's been one of our better players but still hasn't performed well enough at this level. He's had some really good moments and the potential is there but right now he's not at the required level. 

He's not alone, neither is westwood or Sanchez and at times Gana is the same. Our midfield is quite awful. It's doesn't do anything really well, its not creative, it doesn't protect the back 4, it doesn't control games. We need big improvements in this area in the future. 

I can see what you're getting at, but IMO the Villa midfield controlled the last two games. If not, would you be able to provide stats/etc to prove otherwise?

It was a good performance against palace and Leicester are a team happy to soak pressure and try to counter attack. I don't think having more of the ball at times always means control. We did very little with it from midfield. 

Overall this season I'd say our midfield has been out played by their opposition more often than not. 

Thought he looked a bit leggy tonight hence his passing wasn't as good as his last few games. It is easy though to overlook the amount of graft he puts in. Hope he is rested on Tuesday ready for the baggies next Saturday as I think it will do him good.

I think him and Gil along with Ayew have been the real positives in the team since Remi landed. Another reason I like Garde as he seems to have real faith in him and has helped to bring him out of his shell. I really like him too and think he's a class signing and hopefully will be around next season as I think he will get better and better.

Â