Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

This was a play off to get in main draw...they'll now draw 5 groups of 4 teams with winners going to Russia which I doubt the Africans are looking forward to...

Anyway a break now with qualifying for AFNC starting again in March. If likes of Ghana and Senegal qualify that will hurt us in the January of next season.

Edited by VillaChris

Whilst he didn't have much effect on the game due to being completely isolated, i thought his work ehic and attitude was first class. Probably the only player (along with Sanchez) to leave the pitch with his head held high. I like the lad.

Problem is today he couldn't hold it up at all. Against good centre halfs, a good team who could press he couldn't hold it up and so the ball kept coming back.

He's not a lone striker in this league but then our good alternatives are awful aswell. To me you play him wide in a 4-3-3 or in a 4-4-2 he could play up alongside another striker.

I think for next week I'd go with Gestede and Ayew and try and make it a narrow midfield. Start Sanchez and Bacuna.

It does feel like shuffling chairs around the Titanic with these selections though, our squad isn't good enough for Premier league anymore.

• Like 2

Â