Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

So wanted his second shot to go in. Absolutely flew off his foot.

Dipping too. Lloris was beat. 

He occasionally turns into trouble and attempts one turn too many but he is a livewire. Always dangerous cutting in so I am not sure about playing him straight down the middle. But he has to start. Good workrate too.

So wanted his second shot to go in. Absolutely flew off his foot.

Same. 

But it was one of those strikes that, even though it was a great hit, you knew straight away it was going just over. Gutted for him, that would have made it very interesting.

He needs game time.

he clearly has feet, we have few forwards that do, possibly Sinclair too.

he will link well with the likes of Sinclair and Gil.....where we can work the ball.....these guys are more comfortable with the ball.....we need to persevere with it.

Would like to see Ayew & Kozak paired up front!

Have a feeling that could be a good partnership.

So have I to be fair and I don't *particularly* rate Kozak as an all rounder. I do feel that they would wear the shit out of defences at the very least. Ayew's movement is very good, he's always looking for the ball and dragging defenders around, playing next to a poacher who is also a handful himself has potential.

• Like 2

What's his best position long term then?

To play main centre forward in this league you need to win headers and play with your back to go otherwise all the speedy wide players could play upfront given their pace, it's taken Walcott a good year to understand all that playing as a main striker for Arsenal, a quality team.

The problem we have is our options as main striker are....bobbins. So by default give Ayew the next few games as main striker supported by pace either side of him to give him a bit of space to work with and see how it goes.

I think if we sign as we should a new striker in January he'll go back to a place either side of the main striker but he's doing well now and should be starting week in week out.

And to think someone wanted to sell him for half of what we got him for...

I believe that person has history for misjudging strikers early. Heck, Villa Talk does!

I can't escape the feeling that this guy is really **** good. I also feel like he's still raw at quite a ripe age, but you can see a willingness in him at least on the pitch to progress beyond that.

He's just turned 24. He wouldn't be the first 24 year old to suddenly blow up. Wouldn't it be remarkable if we found the next "one" so soon? I won't say his name but yeah, I feel very positive about our Jordan.

• Like 1

What's his best position long term then?

To play main centre forward in this league you need to win headers and play with your back to go otherwise all the speedy wide players could play upfront given their pace, it's taken Walcott a good year to understand all that playing as a main striker for Arsenal, a quality team.

The problem we have is our options as main striker are....bobbins. So by default give Ayew the next few games as main striker supported by pace either side of him to give him a bit of space to work with and see how it goes.

I think if we sign as we should a new striker in January he'll go back to a place either side of the main striker but he's doing well now and should be starting week in week out.

From memory of his YouTube clips Ayew is very good in the air. I've yet to see much of that but I'm pretty sure it's in his locker.

If he's going to play centre forward then I think he needs focusing. He runs around a bit too much at present to play lone striker long term but I think he's comfortably our best option right now.

He could use some decent coaching, as I think they call it in France.

• Like 1

Â