Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

I think that 4-3-3 away from home is not the best for him, given the standard of our players.

I'm not saying it would work but I'd like to have a look at him with Traore and see how they work on the counter.

I've been very supportive of Sinclair but time is running out for him.

Agreed. Sinclair was pants squared today, had that one decent cross which was the extent of his usefulness.

At least Rudy gave Ayew that one decent knockdown.

I think "give the ball to Jordan" should be our new philosophy, he's making things happen.

13 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

That's a very good shout actually. I think those two would be perfect foils for each other.

That's why I feel he has to play up top with someone.

By himself he isn't physically strong or quick enough, though I might eat my words because he definitely looks quicker since the opening few appearances. 
He's come on a lot and those nervous beginnings where he didn't want to make a mistake have gone.

Eye for goal, good positioning, nice trickery plus he makes runs to free others (when he's not playing up top by himself), seems a smart footballer and someone who might help us get close to avoiding relegation. 

On 9/13/2015 at 18:40, HanoiVillan said:

To be honest, I think he's **** hopeless and I don't see him ever being anything except another Balaban, but to be completely fair to him, he should never have been on the pitch today. That he was the wrong player, playing in the wrong position, is not entirely his fault. 

Since I'm not a proud man, and you're mentioning people getting it wrong, I got it wrong with him. He's better than '**** hopeless', he's probably actually the second-best player in a very bad side. Keep proving me wrong Jordan!

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Since I'm not a proud man, and you're mentioning people getting it wrong, I got it wrong with him. He's better than '**** hopeless', he's probably actually the second-best player in a very bad side. Keep proving me wrong Jordan!

It wasn't so much about "getting it wrong" persay, but people were saying things like "the worst footballer ever to wear a Villa shirt".  Phenominal stuff :D

On 7 December 2015 at 09:22, Stevo985 said:

He's really growing into his role.

Yet more evidence that players need to be given time rather than be written off after a game or two.

Looks our best player at the moment.

Good post. We have a lot of new players who are improving each game. The one we need to improve the most though is Adami who really could make a difference. Also losing Amavi was a massive blow. 

I still can't believe after all the summer signings we didn't improve our defence! 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Another team will easily pick him up in the summer if he scores 10 goals in this league.

He's certainly one I'm not expecting to be around next year if the worst happens. 

We have five year contracts with most if not all of them. In the event we go down we should do our utmost to keep our best players, no compromise and try to come straight back up!

• Like 2

On 12/9/2015 at 10:12, HanoiVillan said:

Out of interest who do you think our best player is, if you have Ayew at second best?

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We have five year contracts with most if not all of them. In the event we go down we should do our utmost to keep our best players, no compromise and try to come straight back up!

I think we'll get lucky with Amavi. Can't see anyone buying him until he gets fit and proves his fitness. If the injury hasn't killed his pace he'll be a great asset until January.

Yeah they might all have 5 year deals but as we saw with who we lost in the summer I imagine the release clauses will kick in nicely in the event of relegation.

Â