Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Would like to see Ayew & Kozak paired up front!

Have a feeling that could be a good partnership.

So have I to be fair and I don't *particularly* rate Kozak as an all rounder. I do feel that they would wear the shit out of defences at the very least. Ayew's movement is very good, he's always looking for the ball and dragging defenders around, playing next to a poacher who is also a handful himself has potential.

I'm not sure Ayew in a front 2 is the right move (although I'd be more than happy to see it tested out).  From what we have available at the moment, I'd probably play Sinclair and Gil either side in a slightly-dropped-off attacking role with Ayew more central.

All of them create space and move around a lot which would - in my head, at least - benefit each of them.  Gabby as a sub in any of those roles would also work although, as we know, that's more about just running than intelligent movement.  Gestede as the plan B.

The last time I was here, most of you were thrashing Jordan ... what a turnaround :D

I told you, his dad and his brother (@Swansea) both claim he is the better of the brothers

He is still not at his best, so expect better things to come

The last time I was here, most of you were thrashing Jordan ... what a turnaround :D

I told you, his dad and his brother (@Swansea) both claim he is the better of the brothers

Haha, I know what you mean this is the first time I have clicked on this thread in a few weeks.

FWIW I have quietly felt that Jordan would end up coming good for us, although I did think it wouldn't be until after Christmas that he would finally reach his best. That was just my gut feeling having read an article about the lad just after he signed saying he had a strong attitude/personality having overcome adversity in his career previously. Glad to see that he is showing his promise now, and hopefully you are correct that he can get even better for us.

I think that's completely correct - it's promise.  He's much more comfortable with the ball than he was before and certainly seems to have the attributes to come good.  Garde (I assume) will have watched him whilst on punditry duties in France and should, therefore, have a better idea as to how to get the best out of him.

He looks to get behind the oppositions defense, I noticed he was positioning himself in space between defenders and looking for the ball to be threaded between them for him to run onto. Gill should be perfectly capable of these type of passes .

He could also play onto flick on from Rudy pulling deeper leaving space behind him for Ayew to run into, at least one of the CB will follow Rudy leaving Ayew with one to beat or at least pressure into hooving it .

Ayew , for me looks like he's got all the attributes to be a 15-20 goal a season striker

Wouldn't mind seeing him alongside Gil and Sinclair in a rotational front three, plenty of pace, movement and finishing.

Put a solid midfield three behind them and put the ball in the right areas (including back of the next ;))

Pleased Ayew appears to be settling and making an impact - he was written off way too early.

And Gary was long regarded as the better of the two Gardners. But only one is playing regular football. 

(Not that I don't rate Jordan.) 

Â