Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

I thought our resident French football 'expert' said he's shit and was rubbish as he was unfit and puffing after 10 mins on his debut. Personally thought he looked fit and settled and a decent player today who given time could be a bit useful.

• Like 2

Yeah played the full 90. Looked good for me. Put himself about and was a handful. Lots of movement. Dropped deep to get involved and won the ball back a few times.

Certainly seems like he wants to do well for us. It was a shame it never dropped for him in front of goal. I think he could link up really well with players like Gil or Grealish.

He was wearing the 10 shirt as far as I could see. Could have been an optical illusion of 18 I guess!

Edited by DamsonwoodVillan
  • Like 2

I did chuckle when he was blowing out of his arse on his debut vs wolves but was very impressed with his contribution today.

Liked his intelligent runs and also his determination to win the ball back.

Just about lasted the 90 but fitness will undoubtedly be better with each game.

Love his confidence on the ball. Much better technically than I thought.

I read that one of his strengths is his link up play.

Is he as athletic as he looks?

Very much so.  Dropped deep alot in the first half and worked hard.  Second half made some intelligent runs.  Bit of a nuisance

Love his confidence on the ball. Much better technically than I thought.

I read that one of his strengths is his link up play.

Is he as athletic as he looks?

Very much so. Dropped deep alot in the first half and worked hard. Second half made some intelligent runs. Bit of a nuisance

Nuisance is a good word. Can imagine opposition players being frustrated by him.

I'm starting to see just why he doesn't score bags of goals but I don't think he's that kind of striker. From what I saw yesterday he was more of a very advanced attacking midfielder, he was all over the place linking up with everything, moving into space and creating opportunities. He might be our version of Wayne Rooney just perhaps slightly less clinical as a goal scorer as Rooney tends to play that role these days, linking up play and creating chances for one of Man Utd's many other strikers.. Now that doesn't mean I'm not expecting Ayew to score, I'm sure he can score goals as his one chance of the game where he held off two defenders swiveled and narrowly hit the side netting showed he can play the number 9 role easy, but maybe he's not about that. I mean in his interview he even said something to the effect of not really caring where he's played or what he's doing provided he's making the fans happy and making this club a success. So anyone concerned that he's not used to playing on the right or left of a main striker I feel he is and if anything based on how he played yesterday it seems he may prefer it. 

PS. Did anyone see his tackle in the first half yesterday? The one where he sprinted from the Forest penalty area to the middle of our half just to dispossess the player to start another attack for us? I thought that play was brilliant and at first I thought it was Gueye but when I realised it was Ayew tracking back and making things happen in our half I was even more impressed.  

• Like 1

Lovely article in the guardian basically saying how shit Jordan is and how great his brother is.

Worrying stuff. Although I don't think Jonathan Wilson is giving him anough leeway for only being 23. Time to develop- I don't feel like he'd level those criticisms at a young English player.

Â