Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

He's like when an athlete from another sport takes part in one of them charity matches against the likes of Gordon Ramsey and Robbie Williams etc, athletic as **** but spends the entire game shinning the ball out of play

He just isn't though. He has very good close control. 

• Like 3

On 1/14/2017 at 19:29, HanoiVillan said:

He just isn't though. He has very good close control. 

Yeah this. Ayew has a very decent technique tbh. Weird comment to make saying he's only athletic. Have you watched him?

Edited by Tom13

While the media and Avram Grant maintain he did ok against Uganda it seems the fans are giving him a bit of stick.

Black Stars player, Jordan Ayew is facing the wrath of Ghanaians for what many say was an unimpressive performance during Ghana's encounter with Uganda at the 2017 African Cup of Nations, Tuesday.

Although the Black Stars of Ghana won against The Cranes of Uganda by a goal to nil, some say Ghana could have bagged a few more goals if Jordan had converted the many chances he had into goals.

Social media platforms buzzed with comments which mocked and hurled insults at the striker with some even suggesting he should be excluded from the winning bonus.

click

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently we are willing to let him go for 12m and that will fund a move for Rhodes according to the mail

I've not seen the Mail but I think we are selling him but because he is at. AFCON the buying club are waiting until either deadline day or he gets knocked out. No point paying wages for a player that's yours for a few weeks!! 

5 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

I've not seen the Mail but I think we are selling him but because he is at. AFCON the buying club are waiting until either deadline day or he gets knocked out. No point paying wages for a player that's yours for a few weeks!! 

or gets injured

On 14/01/2017 at 18:21, bobzy said:

At least he tries to do something.  Without him, we look **** horrific.

He tries and fails at everything so what's the point 

2 hours ago, KHV said:

He tries and fails at everything so what's the point 

2nd top assists (behind Adomah), 2nd most average "key passes" (behind McCormack), 4th in average tackles per game (behind De Laet, Tshibola and Amavi), most successful dribbles and highest passing success rate of anyone in our squad.

FWIW, he also passes the ball more than any other forward player and is fouled more than everyone other than Grealish.

As I say, at least he's doing something.

• Like 2

Who's being linked with him?

He should be racking up the goals and assists in The Championship, and if we were controlling games (with a powerful, creative midfield) he'd be much more likely to be doing so.

The guy is head and shoulders above the rest of the players in our squad in terms of ability, athleticism and potential to improve. His only downsides are coachable, he's still got a decade of football ahead of him.

Some of the people slagging him off on here seem to have either conveniently forgotten his style of play or have simply never actually watched him. Not all, but a large section of the criticism is completely unfounded. 

Would I sell for £12mil? Yes. Would Bruce and co? Most probably. But just because he's leaving and we're getting a good price for him, doesn't mean we have to make him out to be one of the worst strikers to ever put on the shirt for us.

FWIW, I think his finishing is excellent, but he just doesn't produce the goods in matches. Which probably has more to do with confidence than ability. 

Watch the video of him, Gestede and Kodjia trying to replicate THAT Luc Nilis goal. First attempt, BAMM

5 minutes ago, skarroki said:

The guy is head and shoulders above the rest of the players in our squad in terms of ability, athleticism and potential to improve. His only downsides are coachable, he's still got a decade of football ahead of him.

Some of the people slagging him off on here seem to have either conveniently forgotten his style of play or have simply never actually watched him. Not all, but a large section of the criticism is completely unfounded. 

Would I sell for £12mil? Yes. Would Bruce and co? Most probably. But just because he's leaving and we're getting a good price for him, doesn't mean we have to make him out to be one of the worst strikers to ever put on the shirt for us.

FWIW, I think his finishing is excellent, but he just doesn't produce the goods in matches. Which probably has more to do with confidence than ability. 

Watch the video of him, Gestede and Kodjia trying to replicate THAT Luc Nilis goal. First attempt, BAMM

First attempt on an edited video?

Excellent finisher but doesn't produce the goods in matches? So excellent on Fifa then I presume.

I have watched him and haven't forgotten his style of play. Wasteful, greedy, frustrating, lacking awareness, intelligence and common sense.

He may be one of our better players, near the top for dribbles, assists etc...but it isn't because he is a great player. He just stands out amongst the dross that do nothing. I hope we can improve the team and edge this guy out I really do. He will never be part of a successful side at this level or higher. He has far too many deficiencies to his game.

Â