Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Why do people say they'd take £10m for such and such a player.  It's peanuts in this day and age!  We've even spent more than that twice since being relegated on players from other Championship teams.  

He's not playing well for us and not even a guaranteed starter, so £10m is a lot of money for a player like that in the Championship.

On 30/12/2016 at 01:47, perchman said:

I sense the change in his game might have come about due to him (perhaps being told to ) being more mindful of his defensive covering.

He gets back way more than he used to and at times has made crucial tackles/blocks when Amavi is nowhere in sight....and I think more to the point, no other midfielder.

No one really showed for either of the wide players today so options were limited and as for his resting bitch face, I just think he's his own worse critic. I'd much rather that than watch the likes of Lescot and Richards skipping off having a laugh at full time after another defeat.

Whoscored have him as our 3rd highest rated player based on his stats, highest successful passes and second highest with assists(4) to Adomah (5), highest for successful dribbles (by a long way)

Defensively, he is only second to Chester for successful tackles, 5th highest for interceptions.

I just think calling him out as useless is a bit short sighted and you'd see more expression from him if he could trust the ability of some of his colleagues to read the game a bit better.

^This^

There is more to just getting the ball and creating a goal.

Of late I've noticed he doesnt move across the pitch as much

more up and down.

He covers Amavi better than before hence some good defensive tackles

Amavi has been poor on that LHS resulting in Ayew covering more and meaning Ayew has passed backwards more

This frustrates him

I think Ayew is most effective when he can recieve, turn, run, dribble when players around him run off and make space for him

The determination to get beyond Adomah for the McC goal was fantastic

I think a big big problem with our forwards is

They all know the MF is shit

When they finally get the ball in a potentially dangerous position they all just go for goal (Ayew's starting point is always deeper than Kodjia)

Maybe even Bruce tenders this till he finds the MF solution

Too many on here are quick to give slack to the good players we have up front

Kodjai -too greedy

Ayew -head down

Grealish - too fancy

McC - weyst o' monee

When all along its a case of

Hutton getting forward falling over, stray pass or shit cross

Westwood short Back/sideway passes

Gardner just running

Bacuna is the only one who can "carry the ball forward" but we all know how cosistant he is

We DONT play any kind of flowing football where we progress up the pitch with 2/3 short passes, players movement off the ball and a through pass to a player running into space wide/in front or behind their back four

Our counter is 1pass, the receiver going for goal. If its Kodjia, we may score,

if its Ayew, he nay get an assist

If its Adomah, a ball goes into the box

if its grealish - we get a penalty or a worldy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Why do people say they'd take £10m for such and such a player.  It's peanuts in this day and age!  We've even spent more than that twice since being relegated on players from other Championship teams.  

So based on his goal scoring ratio with us how much do you rate him at? 12m I think is what he is worth in all honesty 

Has been quite disappointing lately. Annoying because he could quite easily be the best player in this league, just doesn't seem to deliver it enough. I remember in that game against Forest earlier in the season he was just absolutely unplayable. Wish we'd see more of that Ayew. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Farlz said:

Has been quite disappointing lately. Annoying because he could quite easily be the best player in this league, just doesn't seem to deliver it enough. I remember in that game against Forest earlier in the season he was just absolutely unplayable. Wish we'd see more of that Ayew. 

He was rubbish in the 1st half against Forest, he had a good spell in the second half where he got two assists. Somehow in the sands of time that has beeen lost and he is deemed to have been excellent the whole game which really wasn't the case.

Did I miss something?

We lobbied Ghana to let him stay for this game....we name him on the bench, are losing....make three subs....and he dosen't even come on?!

Dosen't quite add up for me that.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Did I miss something?

We lobbied Ghana to let him stay for this game....we name him on the bench, are losing....make three subs....and he dosen't even come on?!

Dosen't quite add up for me that.

There were rumours that we struck a deal that he would only play if we had no other strikers available.

7 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

There were rumours that we struck a deal that he would only play if we had no other strikers available.

What a bizarre agreement if true. We should've just let him join up. Seems silly to me we let Gestede go to Boro before this game.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What a bizarre agreement if true. We should've just let him join up. Seems silly to me we let Gestede go to Boro before this game.

Yeah maybe. Could be a load of balls though. FWIW, I think he could have helped us tonight, even if Gabby did have a positive effect on the game.

On 1/1/2017 at 12:33, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's not playing well for us and not even a guaranteed starter, so £10m is a lot of money for a player like that in the Championship.

Yep, I'd happily take £10m for him. He just doesn't do enough, doesn't look arsed and is too selfish. 

With his ability he should be a stand-out player in this division, the fact that he can't even get into the team consistently suggests that he hasn't really delivered.

He seems to put in the effort, so I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, sometimes things just don't work out, and unfortunately that might be the case here.

• 2 weeks later...

Jordan Ayew could be tempted into a big-money move to China this month, the Birmingham Mail understands.

Shanghai SIPG have already registered an interest in the £12m-rated striker and other Super League clubs are also keen.

Ayew cost £10m and Villa will only consider bids above that figure.

With the Chinese pursuit gaining momentum, there’s a chance the 25-year-old could have played his last game in Villa colours.

Brum Mail

The B.Mail MIGHT have written an article on Ayew. It MAY contain words that go on to make sentences. There's a chance that you should get the gist of it here and not bother reading it yourselves.

I'm fine with him leaving but that's not to say I want him gone.  I think we're a weaker squad with him not in it, but I trust that we'd use the money to fix other more problematic areas.  I'd rather be overloaded in midfield than overloaded up front.  I prefer a first choice striking partnership and a midfield that can rotate and adapt to its opponent without sacrificing quality in personnel.  We're far from that at the moment.  I also think Ayew is of the quality and profile that will always attract attention and it might be best if we just let him go now if only to stop the inevitable distractions that will come about every couple of weeks.  The only thing I would say, and I trust that the powers that be would say it too, is that for every sale this January we do need a purchase.  We can't leave January with a smaller first team squad than when we entered it.  Which is why, for me, the likes of Lansbury happens in the next 3 weeks or else an alternative is found.

• Like 2

Well if he goes we can buy Rhodes or Hernandez or whoever Bruce wants. 

Ayew going to China.. 10 million? triple it. They are paying crazy money. I am sure the good Doc has a mate that can pay extra on the books to make our FFP look a bit nicer ;)

Â