Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

People asking about Ayew......he had a pre signing medical before he went to ACON - so if a bid is accepted I would imagine he will go

Doesnt sound very committed from young Jordan. Off you go Pal. 

Seriously, your basing your view on his "commitment" off a tweet!! Seriously Pal!  

What does "commitment" even means these days. There not a player in our squad who wouldn't be gone if the right offer came long.

And in fairness to Ayew he can hardly be faulted for effort.

• Like 1

I'm a fan of Ayew, despite his recent drop in form. 

But if the offer was north of £15 million, I'd be tempted to accept. 

I wouldn't say Bruce is solely responsible for his dip in form, but it's fairly obvious there has been a decline that just so happens to coincide with Bruce's arrival in October. Almost immediately he went from first team mainstay to first option from the bench. 

The manager is unlikely to be moving on between now and the summer, so if Ayew feels he has done his chips here, it might be better for all if he moves on. It all depends on him though. If he has a burning desire to remain and get us back in the top flight, I wouldn't be against that at all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Seriously, your basing your view on his "commitment" off a tweet!! Seriously Pal!  

What does "commitment" even means these days. There not a player in our squad who wouldn't be gone if the right offer came long.

And in fairness to Ayew he can hardly be faulted for effort.

This 'tweet' has solid info from our medical team. So if he says Ayew had a pre signing medical. I believe it. If you choose not to.. well good luck to you sir.

To be honest, Ayew has looked like a player that isn't really interested in playing for this club this season, so selling him wouldn't be the worst thing. 

Though, he needs to be replaced with someone of equal quality and that will be hard to do given our position imo.

5 minutes ago, KSV said:

This 'tweet' has solid info from our medical team. So if he says Ayew had a pre signing medical. I believe it. If you choose not to.. well good luck to you sir.

Well I'm pretty sure one can be committed in their workplace but also be willing to leave if a better offer comes along.

Just now, PieFacE said:

To be honest, Ayew has looked like a player that isn't really interested in playing for this club this season, so selling him wouldn't be the worst thing. 

Though, he needs to be replaced with someone of equal quality and that will be hard to do given our position imo.

Exactly. No one doubts his ability.. just that other thing..  they even said it in France before he signed.. more talent than his brother but lacks the desire. 

I am sure he will be replaced with a player Bruce wants and since Ayew cant play till February.. if we can get Rhodes in next week and sell Ayew.. win win for us. 

3 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Well I'm pretty sure one can be committed in their workplace but also be willing to leave if a better offer comes along.

I am sure one can. However i am not sure Ayew can. Look i dont doubt he has the ability.. but i question his commitment to the team and his desire to play in the Championship. He has tremendous talent.. but most games he goes missing and doesnt impact the game. He should be blitzing this league. His goal tally should be closer to Dwight Gayle not Gabby Agbonlahor. 

• Like 1

Replacing him with a striker of anywhere near his level this January will be very difficult. For this reason Id be disappointed to see him leave now.

Let him go in the summer when we have time to rebuild!

• Like 2

He can go - done very little of worth this season, and I can't see him doing much when he returns. 12-15million could make massive improvements elsewhere in the team. 

Put it this way, if we could sell Ayew and get Lansbury, Hourihane and Bree with some change to loan a striker, would you? 

Hmmm. Gestede gone, RHM looking dodgy and now Ayew.  Leaving us with Kodjia (good), McCormack (yet to fire), Gabby (done) and Kozak (god knows but probably also on his way out).  

That's not a promotion strike force.

47 minutes ago, KSV said:

I am sure one can. However i am not sure Ayew can. Look i dont doubt he has the ability.. but i question his commitment to the team and his desire to play in the Championship. He has tremendous talent.. but most games he goes missing and doesnt impact the game. He should be blitzing this league. His goal tally should be closer to Dwight Gayle not Gabby Agbonlahor. 

Perhaps, if he was used as a striker... :detect: 

Ayew has ability sure but I think it's overstated a lot of the time. His ability to find the right ball at the right time is quite shocking at times, even simple ones. He has his spells where he'll skip past 2 or 3 players 50 yards from goal but mostly it's having the ball and not doing much with it. His goal tally should be more even playing on the wing because of his ability to go past people but he's pretty poor at shooting and rarely seems to be in threatening positions, this especially is something I've been very disappointed in. He doesn't affect the game that much, he's just someone a lot of the time who just.....has the ball. I'd have Adomah there every time over Ayew.

Edited by Trickster

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I'm fine with him leaving but that's not to say I want him gone.  I think we're a weaker squad with him not in it, but I trust that we'd use the money to fix other more problematic areas.  I'd rather be overloaded in midfield than overloaded up front.  I prefer a first choice striking partnership and a midfield that can rotate and adapt to its opponent without sacrificing quality in personnel.  We're far from that at the moment.  I also think Ayew is of the quality and profile that will always attract attention and it might be best if we just let him go now if only to stop the inevitable distractions that will come about every couple of weeks.  The only thing I would say, and I trust that the powers that be would say it too, is that for every sale this January we do need a purchase.  We can't leave January with a smaller first team squad than when we entered it.  Which is why, for me, the likes of Lansbury happens in the next 3 weeks or else an alternative is found.

He just seems to play with a heavy heart to me.....and unfortunately it gets contagious.

With everyone of these instances... we must get better in, if its to work.

6 minutes ago, Trickster said:

Ayew has ability sure but I think it's overstated a lot of the time. His ability to find the right ball at the right time is quite shocking at times, even simple ones. He has his spells where he'll skip past 2 or 3 players 50 yards from goal but mostly it's having the ball and not doing much with it. His goal tally should be more even playing on the wing because of his ability to go past people but he's pretty poor at shooting and rarely seems to be in threatening positions, this especially is something I've been very disappointed in. He doesn't affect the game that much, he's just someone a lot of the time who just.....has the ball. I'd have Adomah there every time over Ayew.

The problem is you could build a feasible case " For" or " Against" for any one of our players depending what attributes you want to value and which ones you choose to ignore.

For me, for too long we have taken our eye of bring players in to compliment others and we have suffered in the balance of the team.

This team is poor for me, despite our encouraging results of late.

If this is anything beyond a simple rumour then we should really look seriously into going for Rhodes or someone of similar caliber. Talk about going from an overfattened strikeforce to a thin one with the whole deal with RHM and Gestede moving on. Too much individual pressure on Kodija performing since McCormack isn't firing away, Gabby isn't exactly prolific, and Kozak has been M.I.A. from the A-team since I can't even remember.

Even though he hasn't been firing away for us this season I'd rather have him in so we don't have to go looking for a replacement in his area. We should be focusing on strengthening the midfield where we're clearly underperforming and undermanned.

• Like 1

If we can somehow sell him for more than we got him for, that'd be amazing. Remember, we paid a lot of a pretty mediocre Ligue 1 striker, who then went on to have a pretty average season, and is now struggling to produce in the championship. Players like Ayew are a dime a dozen. 

I said last season Borini is very much the same caliber as Ayew and I got laughed at. I still believe they have about the same skill set.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

If this is anything beyond a simple rumour then we should really look seriously into going for Rhodes or someone of similar caliber. Talk about going from an overfattened strikeforce to a thin one with the whole deal with RHM and Gestede moving on. Too much individual pressure on Kodija performing since McCormack isn't firing away, Gabby isn't exactly prolific, and Kozak has been M.I.A. from the A-team since I can't even remember.

Even though he hasn't been firing away for us this season I'd rather have him in so we don't have to go looking for a replacement in his area. We should be focusing on strengthening the midfield where we're clearly underperforming and undermanned.

Fact.

• Like 1

I do think we need to be a little careful castigating the strike force when everyone knows the midfield (the providers) are currently shite.  Put someone creative in the middle and you might be surprised what the currently-misfiring strikers could be capable of.  Having said that, I do think this fella is too saleable and high profile to hang around, so refer to previous post :)

• Like 3

Â