Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

It's there. It's a completely nothing article. The same website is also running a story that Wolves are about to spend 25 million euros on a player.

Jordan Ayew signed for Aston Villa at the start of last season in a €12m deal from Lorient, but is facing an uncertain future at the club following their relegation to the Championship.

Reports suggest Ayew wants to leave the club this summer, with a few clubs interested in him.

According to French newspaper L’Equipe on Thursday, Ligue 1 side OGC Nice are interested in signing Ayew.

Apparently, Ayew was close to signing for Nice in 2014, and the club are again studying the possibility of signing him this summer.

L’Equipe say Ayew ‘just wants to leave the club’ this summer, and it’d be interesting to see if Aston Villa can keep him. Ayew has had his attitude questioned at various points in his career so far, and Villa won’t want a sulking player.

The 24-year-old had 7 goals to his name last season, and has another four years left on his contract at the Championship club.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-star-just-wants-leave-club-summer/

Edited by sexbelowsound

26 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

But but but, he hasn't been sold yet!!

No he hasn't and I hope he doesn't get sold, partly because as average as some people think he is I currently have doubts we would replace with better.

but anyway as people said yesterday why don't we wait and see so I'm prepared to see what happens .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard said:

No he hasn't and I hope he doesn't get sold, partly because as average as some people think he is I currently have doubts we would replace with better.

but anyway as people said yesterday why don't we wait and see so I'm prepared to see what happens .

So prepared to wait and see what happens that you mock the statement by the owner. Impressive. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So prepared to wait and see what happens that you mock the statement by the owner. Impressive. 

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Can I ask how seriously you take the link of Ayew leaving?

That's sportswitness is a joke of a site.  They never get anything right and I personally believe they make really obscure  things up to make it more believable.  For e,g some Italian second division defender being linked to us

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Can I ask how seriously you take the link of Ayew leaving?

Not very. The owner has made it clear he's not for sale and he's not looked like he wants to leave. 

The actual article from L'Equipe

Nice est animé d’une idée ambitieuse en attaque. Déjà proche de se concrétiser à l’été 2014, la piste qui mène à Jordan Ayew (24 ans) est de nouveau étudiée au sein du club azuréen. Relégué en Championship avec Aston Villa, qu’il a rejoint l’été dernier en provenance de Lorient, l’international ghanéen (engagé jusqu'en juin 2020) souhaite justement quitter le club de Birmingham.

Aston Villa ne veut pas d'un prêt

Pour envisager un rapprochement entre les deux parties, deux barrières conséquentes restent toutefois à franchir. Nice envisage un prêt de l’ancien Marseillais mais les dirigeants anglais ne veulent pas entendre d’un départ de leur joueur sous cette forme. En parallèle, s’il ne se ferme aucune porte, le cadet des frères Ayew souhaite, en priorité, trouver un nouveau point de chute en Premier League

The body of which when "translated" comes out as: 

Nice is driven by an ambitious idea in attack. Already closer to reality in the summer of 2014, the track leading to Jordan Ayew ( 24 ) is again studied in the Riviera club. Relegated to the Championship with Aston Villa , which he joined last summer from Lorient, the Ghanaian international ( committed until June 2020) just wants to leave the club in Birmingham.

Aston Villa is not a loan

To consider a reconciliation between the two parties , two substantial barriers remain to be overcome. Nice considering a loan the former Marseille but the English leaders do not want to hear a starting player in that form them . In parallel, it does not close any doors , the younger of the Ayew brothers wish , primarily , finding a new base in the Premier League.

So Nice are seeking a loan which we do not want, with no quotes and anyway he wants the Premier League instead. How good is L'Equipe for links? This doesn't seem to have much substance to this. 

Edited by cyrusr
Quoted text went wrong...
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

if we loan him it would make absolutely zero sense

Massive savings off the bloated wage bill. Wages are much bigger than transfer fees in most cases.  We need to make savings after last season's total embarrassment. I would rather we got money but if Ayew wants to go on loan I don't think we are a position to say no.

So over these players.. let him go if he wants to go. Bring in players like Tish and Elphick who want to be here.. and if we go up will still want to be here because it would mean Premier League. Ayew wont be happy just with Premier League he would want a Benteke style transfer. 

21 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Not very. The owner has made it clear he's not for sale and he's not looked like he wants to leave. 

With all due respect, everyone has a price and if that price is offered Tony or any other owner will except it,

Be it Ayew, Amavi, Grealish or anybody else that we may have who can put more than 2/3 passes together. 

Best off keeping his trap shut when it comes down to the Queens Head!

Edited by Kingman

Â