Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

4 minutes ago, Godders said:

@BOF I think they do know... They'll reject any offer that comes in. 

And if there is a stupid offer made, sell him and leak it. If a club wants to stupid enough to offer us £50 million for him, I personally won't be bothered at all.

In all likelihood though, he'll be a Villa playet at the end of the window.

Which makes him a quite ridiculous player to have available to us in the Championship :hooray:

• Like 1

From my POV, RDM is more believable than Tony when it comes to footballing matters.  That's not a slight on Tony, just that playing staff is not his bag.

Although I am still inherently uncomfortable about them making definitive statements in the first place :) 

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

From my POV, RDM is more believable than Tony when it comes to footballing matters.  That's not a slight on Tony, just that playing staff is not his bag.

Although I am still inherently uncomfortable about them making definitive statements in the first place :) 

Absolutely and I wish I had more than 40 likes right now

It's probably best not to take it for granted that Ayew is staying until transfer window closes. Plenty of managers and owners have stated that players will stay only for them to then leave. In some cases players themselves state that they're going nowhere, only for them to leave anyway, Downing and Delph, spring to mind.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

It's probably best not to take it for granted that Ayew is staying until transfer window closes. Plenty of managers and owners have stated that players will stay only for them to then leave. In some cases players themselves state that they're going nowhere, only for them to leave anyway, Downing and Delph, spring to mind.

Oh come on

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

From my POV, DM is more believable than Tony when it comes to footballing matters.  That's not a slight on Tony, just that playing staff is not his bag.

But surely Tony has more power than RDM. Seems very strange to question and query one and be completely satisfied once the other says it. 

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

Really? Are we not over rating a striker who has a highest goal rate of 12 in a season?

I think his style of play will give defences in the championship huge problems,  not necessarily as a goal scorer as I think we need one of them.  But certainly as a forward to create space and cause problems for defenders

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richard said:

I think his style of play will give defences in the championship huge problems,  not necessarily as a goal scorer as I think we need one of them.  But certainly as a forward to create space and cause problems for defenders

Exactly. We need a goal scorer as well as Ayew.

Just now, Richard said:

Totally agree. Also think that should he score 12 goals, which he should, that in itself is valuable enough. 

I don't think he has ever played as a central striker either and I maintain that he should be afforded that opportunity. At least with a partner, where he can drift across the line. 

Definitely think he needs a fully fledged goal scoring partner mind. I believe it to be a must purchase.   

Â