Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Oh come on, what?

Tony says he is staying. Cynicism. RDM says he is staying. Cynicism. Apparently he has done a video saying how he is gonna help us get promoted. Cynicism again no doubt. 

Someone is saying on Twitter (I know, I know..) that Ayew has done an interview for AVTV saying he'll stay and fight to get us promoted, which will be on website at the weekend

Edited by ToonVilla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Tony says he is staying. Cynicism. RDM says he is staying. Cynicism. Apparently he has done a video saying how he is gonna help us get promoted. Cynicism again no doubt. 

Given the situation with snake last year I think some can be forgiven for displaying a little cynicism

• Like 1

Just now, ToonVilla said:

Soeone is saying on Twitter (I know, I know..) that Ayew has done a piece for AVTV saying he'll stay and fight to get us promoted, which will be on website at the weekend

Probably photoshopped by Dr X, the god dam liar. 

Just now, Jareth said:

My post was a salute to Tony, Jordan and Roberto, as in, things change, so if one thing's said and then the opposite happens it's no 'slight' on those guys. That they've come out and said he's staying is good news to me.

• Like 2

I really like Ayew.  You can see he has lots of qualities to be a real star for us. However, he was not consistent enough last season. I don't think he will score lots of goals but will be a very good player to have in the Championship. Maybe 10 to 15 goals at most.  We need a goal scorer alongside him though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

I really like Ayew.  You can see he has lots of qualities to be a real star for us. However, he was not consistent enough last season. I don't think he will score lots of goals but will be a very good player to have in the Championship. Maybe 10 to 15 goals at most.  We need a goal scorer alongside him though.

Yeah 100%. I don't think he's the 20 goal man we need to get us back up. He should be quality in that league and it will be interesting to see how he is used 

Excellent player to have for this season IMO, shouldn't just be judged on his goal return as his all-round game is impressive. As others have alluded to though we desperately need a 'number 9' CF who will lead the line and be expected to be the main goalscoring talisman.

Edited by AvfcTheObsession

8 minutes ago, ToonVilla said:

Someone is saying on Twitter (I know, I know..) that Ayew has done an interview for AVTV saying he'll stay and fight to get us promoted, which will be on website at the weekend

If this is true I'll take this as an absolute that he might still leave before the end of the transfer window.

• Like 1

Oh for the love of god..... They can't win can they????

Quote from Club: "Ayew not leaving"

Fans reaction 1: "Someone on twitter said he is leaving, then a webpage reported that someone on twitter had said that he was leaving, the club are lying"
Fans reaction 2: "What a stupid thing to say, we have no way of stopping him leaving"
Fans reaction 3: "He is definitely leaving"
Fans reaction 4: "I'm scared, hold me"

Alternative Quote from club: "We would like Ayew to stay, he does not have a release clause"

Fans reaction 1: "WHAT????? You would like him to stay???? why aren't we making sure he is staying"
Fans reaction 2: "Liars, he must have a release clause. He is off"
Fans reaction 3: "Yeah, until someone makes a big offer for him, then we will sell"
Fans reaction 4: "Why are we selling Ayew and keeping Gabby - what sort of idiots are running this club?????"

Alternative quote from club: "Whilst we have invited him to stay, Chelsea have offered £45m for Ayew, and he has decided to leave, we will spend this money on new players"
Fans reaction 1: "WHAT????? This club is shit, why are we selling??????"
Fans reaction 2: *gathers pitchforks*

Ayew, RDM and Dr X. Have all said that he is not leaving. Radio WM have confirmed he does not have a release clause. He has looked committed and on form in pre-season. That is good enough for me.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Really? Are we not over rating a striker who has a highest goal rate of 12 in a season?

It's subjective of course, but for me he was at times head and shoulders above an admitted-shower of shite last season but I think he's got a touch of class about him.  Putting him in the Championship, IMO, really is a massive advantage for us.  If RDM can get the best out of Ayew and Grealish then we might even enjoy this season :D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Fans reaction 1: "Someone on twitter said he is leaving, then a webpage reported that someone on twitter had said that he was leaving, the club are lying"
Fans reaction 2: "What a stupid thing to say, we have no way of stopping him leaving"

Alternative Quote from club: "We would like Ayew to stay, he does not have a release clause"

Fans reaction 1: "WHAT????? You would like him to stay???? why aren't we making sure he is staying"
Fans reaction 3: "Yeah, until someone makes a big offer for him, then we will sell"
Fans reaction 4: "Why are we selling Ayew and keeping Gabby - what sort of idiots are running this club?????"

Alternative quote from club: "Whilst we have invited him to stay, Chelsea have offered £45m for Ayew, and he has decided to leave, we will spend this money on new players"

Ayew, RDM and Dr X. Have all said that he is not leaving. Radio WM have confirmed he does not have a release clause. He has looked committed and on form in pre-season. That is good enough for me.

I said that I would be surprised to see him here at the end of the window. However with all the news from RDM, Dr X and other reports I really do think he's not going anywhere.

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Its all a bit precious on here stagman. I find it fascinating the lengths people go to to try and 'guess' whats going to happen. 

Let it happen ffs & go and have a beer :-)

He can score 20 I reckon if we get some penalties this year as he's very good at them and can only remember him scoring one v West Ham which he chipped into the top corner no problem.

Him, a new striker and Gestede as back up/plan B...I can live with that.

Â