Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Now I know training numbers are different to squad numbers, but he had number 10 on the training gear. Also, if I remember correctly, he wore number 10 on his debut in a friendly last season. Then the Adebayor deal nearly happened and he had 19, not 10. 

Got me thinking maybe he'll pick up the number 10 this season. 

Just a random observation. About time we had a decent player in the number 10 and/or number 9 for that matter. 

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Now I know training numbers are different to squad numbers, but he had number 10 on the training gear. Also, if I remember correctly, he wore number 10 on his debut in a friendly last season. Then the Adebayor deal nearly happened and he had 19, not 10. 

Got me thinking maybe he'll pick up the number 10 this season. 

Just a random observation. About time we had a decent player in the number 10 and/or number 9 for that matter. 

He wore the no. 19 shirt in the preseason games so far, however.

9 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Nothing is ever definite in transfer windows, but this is the closest we will get to confirmation of the clubs intention to keep him, and also confirms there is no release clause.

Very good news.

Also them saying that only Gana had a release clause. Which should put to rest the fears, if there were any, that someone might snatch Amavi, or even Traore, from us.

Have a feeling he will go before the end of the window but I wouldn't be too disappointed providing we replace well. A bit like with Gana - I'd much rather have two quality Championship players in these positions who are committed to the cause and want to be here (and you can always look to replace once promoted) than two players not up for the fight and tainted from a shocking relegation season.

2 minutes ago, jonno_2004 said:

Have a feeling he will go before the end of the window but I wouldn't be too disappointed providing we replace well. A bit like with Gana - I'd much rather have two quality Championship players in these positions who are committed to the cause and want to be here (and you can always look to replace once promoted) than two players not up for the fight and tainted from a shocking relegation season.

But how much would it cost to buy someone of Ayew's ability when we got promoted?  He will be head and shoulders above almost everyone else in the Championship and if we have no need to sell i.e. a clause, why bother.  

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

But how much would it cost to buy someone of Ayew's ability when we got promoted?  He will be head and shoulders above almost everyone else in the Championship and if we have no need to sell i.e. a clause, why bother.  

I'm not saying we should sell - I'm saying I wouldn't be that disappointed if we replaced well.

And how much would it cost to buy someone of Ayew's ability in the PL? I'm sure we could find the cash down the back of the sofa to match those 7 league goals last year..

57 minutes ago, jonno_2004 said:

I'm not saying we should sell - I'm saying I wouldn't be that disappointed if we replaced well.

And how much would it cost to buy someone of Ayew's ability in the PL? I'm sure we could find the cash down the back of the sofa to match those 7 league goals last year..

Not when playing in that squad last year.

1 hour ago, jonno_2004 said:

Have a feeling he will go before the end of the window but I wouldn't be too disappointed providing we replace well. A bit like with Gana - 

I think the opposite, I feel the Gana situation will make them even more determined to prove a point. They have already said WE DON'T NEED OR WANT TO SELL, and he has no release clause. They are not going to risk looking stupid again.

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think the opposite, I feel the Gana situation will make them even more determined to prove a point. They have already said WE DON'T NEED OR WANT TO SELL, and he has no release clause. They are not going to risk looking stupid again.

It is definitely comforting that we have no clauses in the case of Ayew (if that is indeed the case).

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

really needs to get discipline and stay near opposition goal. Wayne Rooney syndrome dropping to defence to get the ball

but thats mainly due to the fact its the only way he will get the ball. He's definitely not going to get it off Gestede!

• Like 1

Â