Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

I doubt we'd sell him for £8m unless it's written in his contract. 

Though, Villa_Southerner said he'd be surprised if Ayew was a Villa player come the end of the window, which is a little concerning. 

6 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I've noticed that you have tried to be ITK a few times and have never got anything right?

Classic ITK behaviour. Then the first time they get something right (by luck or a good guess) they can always refer back to the moment they knew 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Classic ITK behaviour. Then the first time they get something right (by luck or a good guess) they can always refer back to the moment they knew 

I remember him saying to expect a double announcement one time - nothing.  There was also the fact that we were signing Charlie Austin. Recently he said we were signing Hendrick.

Ayew probably has a release clause but I imagine it is north of £10m.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Though, Villa_Southerner said he'd be surprised if Ayew was a Villa player come the end of the window, which is a little concerning. 

Room for maneouver there, in case it doesn't happen.

35 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah well I say he will be a Villa player. That's the same as Villa_Southerner saying otherwise, right?

I like the fact that our owner says Ayew is staying and for some thats not good enough but some randomer on Villa Talk says something to the contrary and expects to be believed.

Big T may end up being wrong but surely he is the closer to being ITK than anyone on Villa Talk? If that's not the case then the world is backward.

• Like 2

I always find statements like that to be slightly dangerous to make.  It makes a rod for their own back.  The nature of the market is that they simply don't know.  What I will take from it is encouragement that they don't have to sell and that the player isn't making noises that he wants to leave.   What it doesn't allow for is the possibility that a big side comes in with a silly offer and either turns the player's head or is something that the club can't say no to.  In that scenario what do they do?  Cut off their nose to save face (there's a paradox).  Anyway, I'm probably criticising what is a positive statement too much.  I just think they need to be calculated with the positivity because if it turns out not to be true then they'll be crucified for ever saying it.

5 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Let's hope next season is his first ever regular goal scoring season. We are going to need it

And I hope he has a decent partner

• Like 2

Well we have heard it from the manager and owner now. Player sort of committed himself in an interview few weeks back.. Lets hope he can fire us back up. Hes going to need help. 

@BOF I think they do know... They'll reject any offer that comes in. 

And if there is a stupid offer made, sell him and leak it. If a club wants to stupid enough to offer us £50 million for him, I personally won't be bothered at all.

In all likelihood though, he'll be a Villa playet at the end of the window.

• Like 3

Â