Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

On 10/04/2016 at 10:50, sidcow said:

He is definitely a couple of cuts above the rest of our team but certainly not a complete package.  I do notice him being immobile at times and not tracking back but that might be a bit after a malaise because of where we are. Took his goal well and created a chance which should have led to a certain goal. Definitely one to keep if we possibly can. 

I agree, he was mentioned as a project by Sherwood when he came to the club. So we knew that he needed work and wasn't the finished article when we bought him. Put him with better players, and I think his game would move up a level or two. He should be bottom or near the bottom of our list when it comes to players to get rid of from this squad.

• Like 3

Linked in the papers with West Ham. I personally think he'll end up at a club that sort of level, just as a squad option. People can see the potential and I think he'd do well with better players around him.

Surely its our best interest to loan him out to West Ham or someone..  then bring him back if we get back in the premier league like QPR did with Remy? Playing for West Ham he will probably double his worth even if we had to sell him if we didn't come back up.

6 minutes ago, KSV said:

Surely its our best interest to loan him out to West Ham or someone..  then bring him back if we get back in the premier league like QPR did with Remy? Playing for West Ham he will probably double his worth even if we had to sell him if we didn't come back up.

I agree it does make sense, and I'd rather do that than sell him. But I'd much rather keep him in the team, I personally think he'd be a goal machine in the championship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd be holding out for double that. £6m won't get us a striker in the championship.

I think £9m at best. - Agree with with the 2nd part of your sentence - although I wouldn't be surprised to see us land that Liverpool reserve striker that we were linked with a few weeks back (No not CB)

7 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Can go for me. One of the better players this season but nowhere near the price tag.

Cannot see us getting anyone better next season though. Even if we get the 9m back.

Hopefully we at least try to keep hold of him.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Cannot see us getting anyone better next season though. Even if we get the 9m back.

Hopefully we at least try to keep hold of him.

I m sure we would like to keep him. But can't see any possibility of him staying - his fee is the finance for the rebuild IMO.

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He'd be an excellent championship striker if we play him as a striker and not out wide. 

I agree but i dont think he will want to play in the championship unfortunately 

Edited by Demitri_C

Â