Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

He is on a longish contract, no way would I sell for £6m if it were my decision. With the amount of money we keep hearing that the PL teams will be getting next year and in future years, I would play hard ball and demand £15m+ bearing in mind that if we set the price too low we are going to struggle to buy any half decent player for £6m.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

With most of our new contracts allegedly having a relegation wage reduction clause, would they also have a relegation set fee release clause?

Id expect all of their agents would have insisted on such a clause.  The reality is their asset (the players) earning potential, and value diminishes in the championship. 

Edited by pas5898

Just now, pas5898 said:

Id expect all of their agents would have insisted on such a clause. 

Would have been the smart thing for them to do, might be where the £6 m figure comes from?

Such thing usually gets leaked by the agents when they are working on a transfer.

Just now, sne said:

Would have been the smart thing for them to do, might be where the £6 m figure comes from?

Such thing usually gets leaked by the agents when they are working on a transfer.

Indeed. For me, he deserves to leave the club with his head held high, and deserves to play for a decent PL team. Unlike some people who allegedly "love the club" he has given everything for the cause. 

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

6m is  a joke, we are not that stupid to sell him at that price. id rather loan him for 2m and watch his value go up. 10m if we were to sell.

To be honest, 1 thing I am confident in, is that with Hollis here, we won't be dossing about with money, going out or coming in.

• Like 1

We need to offload players, we shouldn't be looking to offload players like Ayew. 

If I were the board I'd be doing everything I could to keep Veretout, Amavi, Gana and Ayew.

Get rid of the useless players such as Gabby and Richards, and bring some players in who actually give a shit.

I see more fight in Ayew and Gana than i've seen in any of the other players such as Gabby, who's supposed to be a fan? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Indeed. For me, he deserves to leave the club with his head held high, and deserves to play for a decent PL team. Unlike some people who allegedly "love the club" he has given everything for the cause. 

Or deserves to give us one more year, and take part in helping to get us out of the plight he helped get us in. West Ham sending off was a huge moment alot of people seem to sweep under the carpet. A game we really looked like we could have won. Either way, selling our best players is what got us here in the first place.

6 hours ago, sne said:

With most of our new contracts allegedly having a relegation wage reduction clause, would they also have a relegation set fee release clause?

I'd assume so. Particularly the players who were considered 'coups' and had interest from other clubs. They were joining a club that finished 17th last season so the agents would have to be pretty poor at what they do not to have installed an easy get-out in the event of relegation.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Well he certainly hasn't shown he's worthy of the 10 or so mill we paid, and with us going down I'd say 6-8m is pretty fair.

Why is that fair? Why do we need to sell at a cut price?  

• Like 1

He's shown he can cut it in the Prem IMO especially considering the dross around him, one of our few players who haven't looked out of place, no way we should be selling for a loss unless there's a relegation clause forcing our hand. I think he tear up the championship, don't see the point selling him for £6-£8m when championship sides are spending £9-£11M on the likes of Jordan Rhodes and Ross McCormack.

28 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Why is that fair? Why do we need to sell at a cut price?  

Well were not in a very strong position given our relegation.

He has shown that he's capable of performing in the prem but it's just been glimpses. He's scored what? 6 goals? 

He's certainly not been worth the money we paid so why should we expect to receive the same?

• Like 1

I actually agree with Woody.

Believe me in this desperate season the only bits of quality since Leicester away (two good goals in that game which have been forgotten understandbly) have been from Ayew.

That brilliant goal up at Newcastle, that bit of skill v Palace and even at the weekend it was a good finish.

Even though he was an idiot at West Ham I love the passion he shows on the pitch, he looks every bit as p***ed off at playing with some of his team mates as we are watching them in the stands.

However it's a bit difficult to be demanding 12m when ultimately he still is part of one of the worst performing prem teams. I really can't see anyone wanting to pay 10m for a 1 in 3 scoring record and of course we don't know what release clause if any is in his deal...

A good comparsion would be Mitrovic at Newcastle. He's been hit and miss aswell up there but scored 8 goals. They signed him for 13m or thereabouts so can't really see anyone paying that so if he leaves it will be for less.

I think he'll stay there and that will be a good player to keep for Newcastle next season.

Edited by VillaChris

the thing with Ayew is he has looked good in our team BUT have seen players before look good in shit teams and that was mainly because players around him and clubs might be sceptical of that

Â